Brad Penny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hallzee View Post
    REALLY makes me suspicious that Sabean reads this board, because he doesn't know what he's doing, and got the idea from Buck55...
    The Giants should sign someone who can hit this offseason.

Comment

Ok, now I may be getting more excited about him.
      San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
        Ok, now I may be getting more excited about him.
        Penny has held the highest scoring team in the NL scoreless through eight innings. :hyper:
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Penny looked rock-solid! Excellent velocity, and his breaking stuff was falling off the table...

Can this be a dream??
          "There's no crying in Baseball!"
          -...unless your son throws a no-no for the Giants!

Comment

Wow, just read the boxscores now and saw what Penny did. Amazing indeed. I mostly rag on Sabean for many of his poor personnel decisions; but if Penny pitches well and gets the Giants over the top, this is one decision he should be commended for. So far so good!

Comment

wags: Penny has held the highest scoring team in the NL scoreless through eight innings... :hyper:

at their own bandbox yard.
              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

I just had a feeling that this was going to happen. And this is major bad news for the Rocks, if we can throw BMC, the Freak, The Contract and a motivated Penny, the team is going to win a lot of games. And if Sanchez gets more consistant....
                “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
                  wags: Penny has held the highest scoring team in the NL scoreless through eight innings... :hyper:

at their own bandbox yard.
                  Another good point for Penny. I was checking out Penny's career line. It seems through the 2007 season he was a solid #3-#4 guy.
                  Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
                    I just had a feeling that this was going to happen. And this is major bad news for the Rocks, if we can throw BMC, the Freak, The Contract and a motivated Penny, the team is going to win a lot of games. And if Sanchez gets more consistant....
                    Since the no-hitter Sanchez has made 10 starts.

4-3 W-L, 62.2 IP, 2.87 ERA, 78 K, 27 BB, 35 H, 9.96 K/9, 3.88 BB/9, 2.57 K/BB, .989 WHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                      Since the no-hitter Sanchez has made 10 starts.

4-3 W-L, 62.2 IP, 2.87 ERA, 78 K, 27 BB, 35 H, 9.96 K/9, 3.88 BB/9, 2.57 K/BB, .989 WHIP
                      That's right, Sanchez has been good since the All Star break and Zito has been aces. I like the fact that Sanchez has lowered his BB/IP ratio considerably & hopefully its a permanent sign he's finally harnessing his control. Although the bullpen hasn't been quite as good, the staff in general is in the best shape it's been in all year. The NL West is the division to watch down the stretch. If nothing else, it should be an exciting finish.
                      Last edited by Greg Maddux's Biggest Fan; 09-03-2009, 04:44 AM.

Comment

You know what, as a fan you can get kinda jaded when your team runs out a string of really high quality starts from it's staff. And then when one of them is merely good instead of outstanding, ya think he's a bum. I stand corrected about Sanchez.
                        “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Its a mystery to me how the Red Sox could have let Penny go. He won his third game today and was masterful against the division leaders. The Giants are a different team when he`s pitching, somehow he seems to inspire them. He`s out there talking all the time, on the TV, I can`t tell what he`s saying, but one game when Sandoval made a great play to end the inning, Penny gives him a great big whack on the butt as they trotted in. Again they just seem a different team when he`s pitching. More relaxed,maybe.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X