2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Post comments all season long in this thread...

I'll go first. :sun:

Looks like the team is going to play a LOT more smallball this season, and looking at the speed at the top of the lineup, that looks to be a very good idea. The question is, can Pagan, Cabrera, Blanco get on enough so the team can actually play smallball?

Fearless predictions

#1 By the ASG Blanco will be the starting CF. if not before

#2 Buster will be fine, but I don't expect him to hit like 2010 quite yet.

#3 Freddy Sanchez plays little if any, role on this team

#4 Belt will play 120 games, mostly in the OF. He will show flashes of greatness at the bat, but will struggle with consistency

#5 By the ASG, the team will buy out Zito's contract and DFA him

#6 MadBum has an outstanding season, winning at least 15 games if not 18-20

#7 Panda goes .320/25/100, makes the ASG and is the team MVP

#8 Gary Brown struggles in Richmond for a couple of months, then finds his swing and ends the year in Fresno. Joe Panik continues to hit well, but struggles on defense. Plays the whole year in SJ. Tommy Joseph kills the ball in Richmond and moves up to Fresno. Heath Hembree strikes out the league in Fresno and ends up replacing Romo on the Giants roster, after Romo's arm goes dead.

That's all the Tarot Cards told me....what say you?
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Post comments all season long in this thread...

I'll go first. :sun:

Looks like the team is going to play a LOT more smallball this season, and looking at the speed at the top of the lineup, that looks to be a very good idea. The question is, can Pagan, Cabrera, Blanco get on enough so the team can actually play smallball?

Fearless predictions

#4 Belt will play 120 games, mostly in the OF. He will show flashes of greatness at the bat, but will struggle with consistency

#8 Gary Brown struggles in Richmond for a couple of months, then finds his swing and ends the year in Fresno. Joe Panik continues to hit well, but struggles on defense. Plays the whole year in SJ. Tommy Joseph kills the ball in Richmond and moves up to Fresno. Heath Hembree strikes out the league in Fresno and ends up replacing Romo on the Giants roster, after Romo's arm goes dead.

No! Must I remind you what happened the last time you predicted a great season for the Panda back in 2010?!!!

Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

I make few predictions other than to say that Brandon Belt will be the starting first baseman by season's end and one of the up-and-coming stars in the league, and that Madison Bumgarner will get more Cy Young votes than Timmy or Cain (and he'll win).

Here are the rest of my thoughts.

Oh, and World Series or Bust!!
      San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
        No! Must I remind you what happened the last time you predicted a great season for the Panda back in 2010?!!!

Oh god Wags, you are exactly right. I've jinxed the whole season....AGAIN!
        “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Oh god Wags, you are exactly right. I've jinxed the whole season....AGAIN!
          We know by now you just do that to aggravate us.

Is it going to be Huff or Belt in LF?

Expect Posey will go .280 .360 .440

Don't have much to quibble about your jinxing otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
            I make few predictions other than to say that Brandon Belt will be the starting first baseman by season's end and one of the up-and-coming stars in the league, and that Madison Bumgarner will get more Cy Young votes than Timmy or Cain (and he'll win).

Here are the rest of my thoughts.

Oh, and World Series or Bust!!
            I think he will be on 1B Opening Day with Huff in LF.
            His Spring was too good IMO to send him to Fresno.
            Go Gigantes!

Comment

Fearless predictions

Just curious, KH, why do you believe Brown will struggle at AA Richmond but Joseph will kill the ball?

I'm really, really curious to see how Andrew Susac does in his first year of pro ball.
              Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Welcome aboard Hector Sanchez!
                It was nice knowing you Stewart. Great arm and very good D, too bad you can't use the wood better.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...s123004D00.DTL

Makes sense, Hector adds depth to the bench as well as serving as an able bodied back up for Buster. Whiteside has no trade value and we're getting *something* for Stewart.

Comment

Sanchez has an upside and had a great spring training. Whiteside and Stewart were career minor leaguers miscast as major leaguers. Easy call for the Giants. I'm glad the kid made the team. Another kudos for the Giants player development system.

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                    Just curious, KH, why do you believe Brown will struggle at AA Richmond but Joseph will kill the ball?
                    From reading a lot of stuff from the various writers that cover the team, looks like Gary will be working on some issues with his swing. Add in the usual struggles that AA pitching does to young hitters, and I think Brown will have problems...for a while. But he's too good to keep down all season.

I think Joseph just rakes the ball. His issues are likely behind the plate.

Comment

khenry14:
                      blanco has had stretches of flat-out hitting and has plenty of speed to cover mays field's center.
                      with pagan still trying to find himself at the plate, i would not be surprised at all if you are correct, ken.

posey to excel both behind the dish and in the box.

maybe he arrives in late april. maybe late june. i hope that burriss hits more grounders than flyballs.

belt is at first against righties, and will hit enough to play 120, easy.

um, when will vogelsong be ready?

what's not to love about this kid? bumgarner's an icewater-in-the-veins stud.

i wish that sandoval would finally ditch his two-hop, two-step-two-slick thing and become the professional hitter that is lurking within.
                      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

LTNS WCOB!!!! Welcome back!

Comment

^
                          thanx, ken.
                          it's been a long time. too long!

32 minutes!
                          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Ugh. D-Backs score 2 runs in the bottom the first! Come on G-Men!!

Comment

Timmy gives up a 2nd home run in the first inning! Ugh!! :dismay:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X