No announcement yet.

2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Sabean hit a HR with Cabrera and Pagan so far. Both have had great so far. And Gregor Blanco, too. when Pablo comes back the Giants's already solid offense will get better.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• The New York Times has an article on Melky Cabrera's career turnaround:
      http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/10/sp...pagewanted=all
      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• I'm in Seattle to watch all three Giants games. The Giants looked great winning the first game 4-2. Voggie labored early in the game but held the Mariners. Posey and Cabrera hit home runs. Belt had two hits both off a lefty. Belt looked really good swinging the bat.
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• I think Brandon Belt is finally starting to feel comfortable. He looks confident at the plate and is really smooth around the first base bag with the glove.

Comment

• Wags, I think the screwing around with 1B is over. It's Belt's job, and he will get the majority of the AB's, save for the days Buster takes over.

It will be curious to see what happens to Huff-Daddy once he comes off the DL.

What did you think of Safeco??
            “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• I watched Belt closely the entire series. He looked confident at the plate. Belt has a great batting eye. He really knows the strike zone. In the Friday game he has a double and a single against a lefty. I think Belt is about to go on a roll.

Safeco is a nice ballpark. I actually saw a game at Safeco before. Way back in 2001 I came up to Kent, WA for work for about 10 days. I went to a Mariner's game. It was A-Rod's first game back to Seattle as a Texas Ranger. Boy the Mariner fans really gave him the business! He was booed the entire game, especially after he hit a home run!

This weekend i was stunned how many Giants fans were at the three games! It was like being at AT&T Park. There was black and orange everywhere!

Comment

• So far through 5 innings Belt is 1 for 1 (double) with 2 walks and a run scored. Giants lead 4-3 so far.

Comment

• Belt ended up going 2 for 2, double, 2 BB, R, SB. Giants win 5-3 as Cain gets his 9th win.

Comment

• ESPN Baseball article on the Giants outfield trio of Cabrera/Pagan/Blanco.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/80...tuted-outfield

Comment

• Belt's avg. is now up to .275 and climbing! He looks so confident, I think we are finally seeing what we'd all hope we'd see with him.

BTW, took a quick peek into the minors, glad to report that Gary Brown has finally found his stroke in Richmond. And Joe Panik is KILLING it in San Jose. Not so good for Tommy Joseph and Andrew Susac I'm afraid.
                      “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• Boy, not only a sweep of the Bums. but THREE shuouts???? Two of which had starts by struggling pitchers!! Timmy looked great yesterday, Zito good on Monday. If the teams starts rolling five quality starters consistently, this team will be very hard to beat!

Comment

• Add one more shutout as MadBum one hits the Reds in an awesome performance.

Comment

• Wow, the Giants get swept in Washington, with the Nats scoring 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th to win the third game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                              Wow, the Giants get swept in Washington, with the Nats scoring 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th to win the third game.
                              Giants should have won that game.
                              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Isn't that two straight blown saves for Casillas??

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X