2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
    And tonight, the exact opposite! MadBum with the CG, Belt gets 3 rbi and three hits and gets thrown out on the bases twice!! LOL Belt is 17-36 in August. While Belt isn't going to stay hitting .472, it just shows that if he can find a way to be consistant, this kid can really hit.
    Belt has been really streaky this season.

.278/.366/.389 April/March
    .203/.338/.313 May
    .296/.400/.563 June
    .186/.266/.214 July
    .472/.525/.667 August

On June 23 Belt was hitting .273/.395/.453 and looking like he had finally found his groove. Then he went into a terrible slump for the next 25 games hitting just .132/.211/.191 in those 25 games. This dropped his seasonal line to .229/.341/.372 on July 24. Everyone, sports radio, sports writers, fans, were screaming to get rid of Belt. Then he turned it around,, Since July 25 Belt is hitting .407/.453/.542 in 18 games. He's now hitting .267/.363/.408 on the season. He's looks confident at the plate. He was about 2 feet short of hitting an opposite field HR last night. I hope he can continue his strong hitting. I'm sure the HR's will come soon enough. I still strongly believe Belt will be a star hitter along the lines of a Fred McGriff or Justin Mourneau.

Side note: Belt needs to learn you don't make the first out at third base!
    Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 08-15-2012, 10:33 AM.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• That left-center wall is going to be dented a lot by Brandon's line drives that they are going to start calling that spot the "Belt Buckle" (c) 2012 KHenry14

Been waiting for two seasons to make a bad pun about his name...I'm so ashamed!
      “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

That left-center wall is going to be dented a lot by Brandon's line drives that they are going to start calling that spot the "Belt Buckle" (c) 2012 KHenry14

Been waiting for two seasons to make a bad pun about his name...I'm so ashamed!

Ha! Belt need a cool nickname. "Baby Giraffe" is silly.
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Alfonso Soriano just hit his 22nd HR of the season today (also surpassed 1000 career RBI). He was linked to the Dodgers near the deadline with the Cubs apparently willing to eat a large portion of his remaining salary. With Melky gone, does it make any sense for the Giants to persue Soriano? And if so, what would Chicago have to eat (he has $40M remaining on his contract including this season)? I'd have to assume the more they covered of his cost, the better the package would need to be sent by the Giants. But if they only needed to cover half of the remaining dollars, maybe the return sent by SF could be minimal. Having a 20/80 type in LF for the next two years for $10M per isn't terrible considering what we've seen the last few years via free agency - Jason Bay, Carl Crawford, etc.
          "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

• From what I've read, the issue isn't the Giants not wanting him, it's that Soriano doesn't want to play in SF. Too cold evidently.
            “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• The Giants win again holding off the Padres 8-7. Can someone explain to me how in the world the Giants lead the majors in road scoring?!!

Comment

• In slightly off topic news, we find out today that Jeff Kent is on the new season of Survivor. Dude made 80 million over his career, plus he doesn't play well with others, both of which will be hard to overcome. Maybe he just wants to do better than Jimmy Johnson did.

Comment

In slightly off topic news, we find out today that Jeff Kent is on the new season of Survivor. Dude made 80 million over his career, plus he doesn't play well with others, both of which will be hard to overcome. Maybe he just wants to do better than Jimmy Johnson did.
                  Personally, I'm rooting for Lisa Whelchel ("Blair" on Facts of Life). Apparently, she's a baseball fan as well.

59kqym4tr8wgyq45.jpg

Comment

• In the past 23 games Brandon Belt is hitting .364/.424/.468. However, I am mystified why he has not hit a home run since June 23?

Comment

• Posey is sitting out tonight's game due to a "hamstring issue"!! I hope this is minor!!!

Comment

• Does anybody else find the constant organ playing, drum pounding and other crowd inciting noises in between every pitch at the Dodger games just unbearable, I almost have to turn the sound off it is so freaking annoying, and totally classless, I think it is a monster truck rally/Wrestling event

sickening, Dodger stadium used to be so classy and now it is just garbage
                        1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                        2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                        3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I find it ironic that growing up in the late 70s-early 80s Dodger Stadium was seen as the classy ballpark and Candlestick Park was viewed where you had the drunks, brawlers, and obnoxious fans. Today it is reverse. AT&T is the classy park and Dodger Stadium is the dump.

Comment

• We tend to forget that Dodger Stadium is 50 years old....and in a way, the stadium seems stuck in the 60's. One wonders if the new ownership will change the environment.....

Comment

• Is there any talk down in L.A. of replacing Dodger Stadium, KH?

Comment

• What's the deal with Hunter Pence? He's been a disappointment so far.

21 G, 92 PA, .193/.239/.313, 57 OPS+, 1 HR, 15 RBI, 9 R, 24 K, 5 BB

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X