No announcement yet.

2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posey is not playing tonight again with this mysterious "hamstring issue". :dismay:
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
      What's the deal with Hunter Pence? He's been a disappointment so far.

21 G, 92 PA, .193/.239/.313, 57 OPS+, 1 HR, 15 RBI, 9 R, 24 K, 5 BB
      It's the ex-Phillie thing Wags. Victorino and Blanton stink too....
      “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• The Giants have 49 sac flies vs a league average of 31 and second best team of 39

the AL average is 32 with Texas and Boston leading at 43
        1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
        2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
        3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Stirring comeback by the Giants last night scoring 2 runs in the top of the 9th inning to win 3-2 over the Astros. And Brandon Belt started the rally with a leadoff single.
          Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 08-29-2012, 12:14 PM.
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Add in the most bizarre defensive play of the year and we had quite a game!!

For the record, I really hate that Houston ballpark.
            “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
              Add in the most bizarre defensive play of the year and we had quite a game!!

For the record, I really hate that Houston ballpark.
              So you miss the old Astrodome?! :hyper:

I'm a child of the late 1970's and I totally miss these uniforms!

Richard-Ryan.jpg

Jack Clark 1.jpg

Comment

• I am sure you remember Wags how poorly the Giants used to play in the Astrodome. So my distaste for Houston BB started there. But this new park is more like pee-wee golf hole than a ballpark. With the ridiculous left field area, the train in the OF, the "hill" in CF along with the flag pole. Sheesh.

But for the record, those Astros unis weren't the worst of all time. Those all red Indian ones were a lot worse.

Comment

• Yes, I still remember a painful three game sweep by the Astros in August 1987. They lost that last game on a ball that the umps said was trapped by Jeffrey Leonard. I also remember Mike Scott no-hitting the Giants to clinch the NL West title in 1986. Ugh.

Comment

• Giants win again, pushing their lead to 4 1/2 games over the Bums. Problem is, it's become glaringly obvious that there is a huge hole in LF that needs to be filled. Melky's suspension, and Blanco's failures make this a desperate situation. But hey, Todd Linden is back in Fresno...right????

Comment

• Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
                      Giants win again, pushing their lead to 4 1/2 games over the Bums. Problem is, it's become glaringly obvious that there is a huge hole in LF that needs to be filled. Melky's suspension, and Blanco's failures make this a desperate situation. But hey, Todd Linden is back in Fresno...right????
                      How about moving Scutaro to third, Panda to first, and Belt tot LF just for this season. I know it's not a great solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                        How about moving Scutaro to third, Panda to first, and Belt tot LF just for this season. I know it's not a great solution.
                        I read somewhere that Bochy was asked about a similar scenario (insert Arias for Scutaro)
                        and he said that no way Belt goes out there. He's too good at 1B for one thing, and secondly, he hasn't taken a single fly ball in practice since spring training and would likely be a disaster out there. Only real solution is for Blanco to step up, and for Nady to perform too.

Comment

• What the Giants need is the 1978 version of Jack Clark!

Comment

• Boy, was it as simple as bringing up X Nady to fill out LF woes??? He seems like a perfect fit at this point.

BTW, interesting reading the quotes from the players over the past couple of days. They are all talking about the 2010 feeling coming back. The energy they are talking about is very important to the last month of the season. especially since the Bums aren't going to wither away. Especially interesting was some quotes from Timmy who seems REALLY focused on the last month of the season. He spoke about his August 2010 (a disaster) and how the first part of the year was his August 2010. He just seems to want to show that he's still THE guy on the Giants staff. Gotta love it...

Comment

• The Giants lead the NL in road scoring by 30 runs! How are they doing this? The lead the NL in road BA and road OBP. They are second in road SLG. They lead the NL in triples and are third in doubles. Go figure.

Comment

• Since the All Star break Timmy has pitched much better.

1st half: 3-10 W-L, 6.42 ERA
                                2nd half: 5-4 W-L, 3.26 ERA

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X