No announcement yet.

2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, JJ Putz blows saves two days in a row, today to the Giants. Zito looked good early then tired, but no matter, Giants have won the last 6 games Zito has started. He's only won two of those mind you, but wins are wins at this time of year.
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• I'm getting that 2010 September feeling again! Today, Panda, Belt, Pence, and Buster all had RBI hits. Yay.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
        I'm getting that 2010 September feeling again! Today, Panda, Belt, Pence, and Buster all had RBI hits. Yay.
        Wags, you forgot Scutaro's walk off hit!!

BTW, I loved the shots of him running away from the Panda after the hit. You don't want that guy jumping on you!
        “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• How can I forget Scutaro?!! I hope now the Belt haters would be quiet now. He's the incumbent first baseman now.
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Most home runs at home in 2012, through games of September 5:
            Miguel Cabrera, 23
            Ryan Braun, 22
            Edwin Encarnacion, 21
            Curtis Granderson, 21
            San Francisco Giants, 21

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=18252
            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Did you guys see Brandon Belt's splash HR in the other night?! He golfed it ala Willie McCovey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                Most home runs at home in 2012, through games of September 5:
                Miguel Cabrera, 23
                Ryan Braun, 22
                Edwin Encarnacion, 21
                Curtis Granderson, 21
                San Francisco Giants, 21

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=18252
                Good one Blue!! I don't know what's going on with AT&T this season? The Giants are pounding the ball on the road. They lead the NL in road scoring, road BA, road triples, and road hits. They are 2nd in road OBP, third in road slugging percentage, and 5th in road doubles. Go figure.

Comment

• What was with this non-fight between Pablo and the D-Backs' John McDonald? It's still so weird for me to see Matt Williams wearing a D-Backs uniform. Come home to SF Matty!

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/9/6/329...mondbacks-news

Comment

Did you guys see Brandon Belt's splash HR in the other night?! He golfed it ala Willie McCovey.
                    One wonders how many splash hits Stretch would have gotten had in played in AT&T!! My guess is that he'd have at least as many as Barry.

Comment

What was with this non-fight between Pablo and the D-Backs' John McDonald? It's still so weird for me to see Matt Williams wearing a D-Backs uniform. Come home to SF Matty!

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/9/6/329...mondbacks-news
                      You NEVER see a player go into defender about to tag like McDonald did last night. They only do that at the plate, and I'm pretty sure that's why the Panda got upset. Dude was out by five feet (great play by Belt!), and McDonald should have tried to slide away rather than bowl over Pablo.

And it is still weird to see Matt in that stupid helmet in the 3rd base box.

Comment

• Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
                        One wonders how many splash hits Stretch would have gotten had in played in AT&T!! My guess is that he'd have at least as many as Barry.
                        Oh Gosh, I'd say over 100 if he played there for 20 years. Stretches swing would have been a perfect fit for AT&T Park.

Comment

• He'd also have probably put a few holes in some archways, don't ya think? :supe:

Comment

He'd also have probably put a few holes in some archways, don't ya think? :supe:
                            They'd have to reinforce the brick with some steel rebar! Hahaha. It's cool that Stretch goes to Giants home games all the time. He came to my Little League banquet way back in 1979. I grew up in the small town of Watsonville which is 95 miles south of SF.

Comment

They'd have to reinforce the brick with some steel rebar! Hahaha. It's cool that Stretch goes to Giants home games all the time. He came to my Little League banquet way back in 1979. I grew up in the small town of Watsonville which is 95 miles south of SF.
                              My grandfather was one of the Driscoll's of Driscoll's strawberries, so yeah, I know where Watsonville is. :gt

Comment

My grandfather was one of the Driscoll's of Driscoll's strawberries, so yeah, I know where Watsonville is. :gt
                                Holy cow, no way. I actually lived just outside of Watsonville on Riverside Road living on a Driscoll farm! My father worked for a Japanese man who grew strawberries for Driscoll. We lived on his farm. My first job ever was during the summer of 1982 picking strawberries.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X