2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    Holy cow, no way. I actually lived just outside of Watsonville on Riverside Road living on a Driscoll farm! My father worked for a Japanese man who grew strawberries for Driscoll. We lived on his farm. My first job ever was during the summer of 1982 picking strawberries.
    Wow, small world Wags. My Grandfather had sold out long before you got there, but you worked for a ton of my second cousins!
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• Brandon Belt is now hitting .275/.365/.417, 124 OPS+. I think it's safe to say that Belt has finally established himself as the Giants everyday first baseman. I think he has a very bright future.

Brandon_Belt 2.jpg
      Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 09-07-2012, 02:55 PM.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Add in Gold Glove defense (the guys love to throw to him) too! He's a keeper in my book. :gt
        “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
          Add in Gold Glove defense (the guys love to throw to him) too! He's a keeper in my book. :gt
          Have you noticed how light and quick Belt is on his feet? He really moves well around the bag. And he has 10 stolen bases in 11 attempts. He's not really that fast but he's a smart baserunner.
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Nice 5-2 win over the Dodgers tonight. This takes the pressure off the Giants. Even if the Dodgers win the next two games they only gain one game in the standings.

Comment

• The Giants hold on for a 9-8 win over the Rockies. Brandon Belt continues to hit well. He was 2 for 4, HR, double, 4 RBI, 1 R tonight.

Comment

• Another solid win by the Giants, 8-3 over the Rockies. Belt stole another base last night. He is now 11 for 12 on the season. Belt really doesn't look that fast be he obviously knows how to pick his spots to run.

Comment

• OK, I'm officially getting worried about the starting pitching. you know you are in trouble when Zito is the most consistant pitcher on the staff. Vogy in particular is imploding, and at this point I'm thinking Zito will take his spot in the post-season rotation. Didn't think I'd ever say that...

Comment

• Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
                    OK, I'm officially getting worried about the starting pitching. you know you are in trouble when Zito is the most consistant pitcher on the staff. Vogy in particular is imploding, and at this point I'm thinking Zito will take his spot in the post-season rotation. Didn't think I'd ever say that...
                    Yeah, funny how the offense is carry the team right now, opposite of 2010.

Comment

• The Giants win 9-2 to sweep the Rockies. The MAGIC NUMBER is down to 4!!!

Comment

• And that's it, Giants win their 8th Division Title tonight!! Congrats to the boys, well earned!! :gt

Comment

• some interesting notes

since losing Melky Cabrera (and I won't count the first game since they were sucker punched an hour before the game and had to face Strasburg - everyone said it was like a funeral) the Giants have gone 25-9 which is .735 winning baseball

After the August 15th game (the Strasburg game) the Giants trailed LA by 1 game
                          By the time of the Dodgers acquisitions on August 25, the Giants had a 2 game lead
                          Just 25 games later, the Giants have an 11 game lead and have clinched the division (and just 34 games after the Melky suspension)

the 2010 world champions had this basic lineup
                          C Posey
                          1B Huff
                          2B Sanchez
                          3B Uribe
                          SS Renteria
                          LF Burrell / Torres
                          CF Torres / Rowand
                          RF Schierholz

only Posey still starts
                          only Huff (in a very limited role) and Sanchez (on the DL for 2 years) are still with the team
                          1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                          2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                          3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

• also gone are Jonathon Sanchez (traded) and The Beard (injury)
                            1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                            2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                            3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
                              also gone are Jonathon Sanchez (traded) and The Beard (injury)
                              Also, Ramon Ramirez and Andres Torres, both traded to the Mets.
                              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• BTW, of the 8 Div Titles, 6(!) were clinched against the Padres!! :hyper:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X