No announcement yet.

2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lincecum was up all day / night. he got some high strikes called but being up hurt him more than helped.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

"all day / night": since when does a 4:12 start time constitutes a night game?

incidently, first nine games for the big men:

g1 day game
      g2 day
      g3 day
      g4 day
      g5 5:40p
      g6 day
      g7 day
      g8 6:05
      g9 day
      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
        That's all the Tarot Cards told me....what say you?
        I think the Giants will do well this year. I can see a Giants-Tigers World Series.
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Another 5-4 loss for the Giants. MadBum didn't have a good game. Pablo hit his first HR of the season.
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

the good news: the big men have scored 8 runs in their first two games against good pitching of the defending division crownwinner.

the bad: well, we all know what the bad is.

Comment

bmc as stopper tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
                bmc as stopper tomorrow!
                Yeah! Matt Cain will get the in tomorrow!
                Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

I didn't see today's game, but word is that Belt has a hole in his swing, specifically middle-in fastballs. Anyone seeing any evidence of this?

BTW, Panda is in all -star form already! And BMC FTW tomorrow!
                  “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Gary Brown is off to a 6-for-13 start with Richmond. TJ (who is going to be very, very good) is 1-for-12.
                    Last edited by Rich the Giants fan; 04-08-2012, 08:48 AM.
                    San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
                      I didn't see today's game, but word is that Belt has a hole in his swing, specifically middle-in fastballs. Anyone seeing any evidence of this?

BTW, Panda is in all -star form already! And BMC FTW tomorrow!
                      The club wants him to stand taller and further back in the box with the intention of improving his ability to hit the fastball. He did get blown away on a couple of high, middle-in fastballs.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

Comment

Irony: The Giants were 55-9 when scoring at least 4 runs in 2011. They've scored four runs in each of their first two games this year and are 0-2. Go figure.

And how about Brett Pill? Is he the first guy in history to hit home runs in his first at bat of the year in each of his first two big league seasons? Can he make it three in a row next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
                          Irony: The Giants were 55-9 when scoring at least 4 runs in 2011. They've scored four runs in each of their first two games this year and are 0-2. Go figure.

And how about Brett Pill? Is he the first guy in history to hit home runs in his first at bat of the year in each of his first two big league seasons? Can he make it three in a row next year?
                          make it 0-3.

but still I think this is a good sign. they will be much better offensively this year and even if the pitchers got hammered in the first 3 games they will be very good again over the season. I can't see the diamondbacks beating the giants again this season. they just had terrible bad luck with injuries and still made it quite close (of course the division is really weak at the moment but still). with a full season of posey, melky and some young guys they should score a lot more runs and win the division.
                          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Much too early to push the panic button, especially when scoring as much as they are. However, 1) they could still be hitting better w/RISP, 2) Arizona has a very good ballclub and it will be a dogfight all year long, 3) Chase Field sucks and 4) that series just flat out sucked. Lots of mistakes and disconcerting to see the pitching flounder like that.

Also, I saw on the broadcast that at the very least, Pill is the first SF Giant to homer in his first PA in back-to-back seasons.

Comment

Barry Zito + Coors Field = beat down?

Comment

Pablo goes deep on the first pitching of his first AB! Giants lead 2-0! Go Panda!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X