2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Bear View Post
    The real question is how often it will happen? I hope you are right, but only time will tell.:crossfingers:
    That's certainly true. Consistency is what separates the good players from the great ones. My only concern is that Belt get more playing time, including gettting some AB's against LH pitching. It's hard to build that consistency when you don't get the AB's
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

BTW, the one thing that I didn't anticipate for the Giants this season was the poor defensive play of the team. Leading the league in errors wont make that excellent pitching staff very happy. Hopefully guys will get their act together, because I don't want to blow great performances by our pitchers because we can't pick the ball.
      “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
        BTW, the one thing that I didn't anticipate for the Giants this season was the poor defensive play of the team. Leading the league in errors wont make that excellent pitching staff very happy. Hopefully guys will get their act together, because I don't want to blow great performances by our pitchers because we can't pick the ball.
        It might help if they came up with a set line-up. They way they are changing the line-up this year it makes last season's line-up look like it was set in stone.

Comment

just for the heckuvit:

lowest home era in senior circuit since 2011 all-star game:

0.93 johnny cueto, reds
          1.26 madison bumgarner
          1.59 ian kennedy, diamondbacks
          1.60 tim hudson, braves
          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

just for the heckuvit II

opponents stole 11 bags in april against the big men.
            3rd-fewest in the league.
            "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
              just for the heckuvit II

opponents stole 11 bags in april against the big men.
              3rd-fewest in the league.
              Part of this evidently would be Hector Sanchez. Dude evidently has a wicked fast release to 2nd.

Comment

What is going on with Brandon Belt?

I say trade him to the Indians for Shin Shoo Choo. I saw that happen in Baseball Mogul 2012.
                The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                  What is going on with Brandon Belt?

I say trade him to the Indians for Shin Shoo Choo. I saw that happen in Baseball Mogul 2012.
                  Ummm, yeah..... no.
                  San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Sandoval left tonight's game with "Quite a bit of pain" in his left hand. He missed time last year with a broken hamate bone in his right hand.

Not good.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/baseball-s...blockID=701338
                    San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

• ^
                      yeah. not good.

ya'know what else was not good? zito issuing 7 walks in just 3.2 innings. and the error and passed ball, other miscues and overall sloppiness.

there was an exodus after the completion of the 7th inning. it looked like dodger stadium!
                      we faithful got treated to a memorable botton of the ninth rally, but what could'a and should'a been last night.
                      a tough tough loss.

Comment

• <sigh> it's confirmed that Pablo broke the hamate bone in his left hand...second year in a row for a hamate bone break. So the team that is once again having trouble scoring just lost it's best hitter for 6 weeks. Yikes

Comment

• :dismay: :hissyfit:
                          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Giants recalled INF Conor Gillaspie from Triple-A Fresno.

Gillaspie is starting at third base and batting second on Thursday afternoon against the Marlins, and should see regular time at the hot corner over the next several weeks while Pablo Sandoval recovers from a broken hamate bone. The 24-year-old was hitting .362 with a .939 OPS and three home runs in 23 games for Fresno and may carry some value in NL-only fantasy leagues.
                            CenterStageSports.com - Where the Big Boys Play

Comment

• this ... hurts.

Comment

• So the Giants get swept by the Marlins at home. On a good note, Brandon Belt went 2 for 4 and is now hitting .292/.370/.396. The BA and OBP are fine. He needs to work on the power department. If he can get it to .480 I'd be very happy.
                                Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X