No announcement yet.

2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for me, the jury is still out on the hated dodgers as to whether or not they are real.
    lotsa people keep saying that they are, but i am not yet convinced.

the giants, though, are becoming really real to me. real quick. and it don't look pretty.
    i had 'em to win 92 games and to take the division by 2 games.
    one month in the books and i gotta re-work my math.

:grouchy
    :stupidme:
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

• wags:
      So the Giants get swept by the Marlins at home.

three one-run games.
      dude.
      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

• Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
        wags:
        So the Giants get swept by the Marlins at home.

three one-run games.
        dude.
        Oh they were close games for sure. But getting swept by the Marlins (A team I detest for beating our Boys twice in the postseason, and Kevin Brown no-hitting them) just sucks. I did mention Brandon Belt.
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

for me, the jury is still out on the hated dodgers as to whether or not they are real.
          lotsa people keep saying that they are, but i am not yet convinced.

the giants, though, are becoming really real to me. real quick. and it don't look pretty.
          i had 'em to win 92 games and to take the division by 2 games.
          one month in the books and i gotta re-work my math.

:grouchy
          :stupidme:
          I had figured them to be an 87-victory team this year, no better.
          now I wonder if I'm going to have to redo MY math.
          Sadly, it sure seems that way.

Comment

• The umpiring at 1B in this Giants-Brewers game is terrible.

Comment

• last night at dodger stadium was excruciatingly *painful* to watch on the tv.
              couldn't imagine sittin' through that mess in person.

losing that game by one run would have been a plausible and reasonable thing, but the 9-1 final score must'a sent bochy either into a rage at his hotel room... or made him sit in a chair and stare at a wall for hours.

Comment

• a few things that make the giants and hated dodgers close:

.258 batting avg giants
                .255 hated dodgers

.394 slugging hated dodgers
                .390 giants

.335 team era hated dodgers
                .336 giants

but this is the one things that sticks out... and sticks in my craw:

17 errors hated dodgers
                33 giants - most in the league

Comment

last night at dodger stadium was excruciatingly *painful* to watch on the tv.
                  couldn't imagine sittin' through that mess in person.

losing that game by one run would have been a plausible and reasonable thing, but the 9-1 final score must'a sent bochy either into a rage at his hotel room... or made him sit in a chair and stare at a wall for hours.
                  That defensive gem by James Loney in the 8th inning was HUGE! If that ball get by Loney the Giants are only down 4-3 with a runner on second mostly likely.
                  Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Who'd a thought that with guys like Belt, Crawford and Sandoval that they'd have so many errors. But last night showed that it's just not that easy to stick a catcher on 1B.
                    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• Jeez, after the egg they laid last night, the Giants played tough and stole one from their biggest nemesis in Kershaw. Clayton gets a fastball up to Pill and he goes yard with it, and the Giants turn a bunch of DP's to get the win for Vogy. That was a nice win...
                      Last edited by KHenry14; 05-08-2012, 10:58 PM.
                      “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• belt's blast was all the offense necessary.
                        what was it - four doubleplays? none bigger than the one induced by lopez in the 8th to escape that bases loaded jam.

i think that this win could be a pivot point:
                        tje giants got off the schneid with kershaw ... the defense helped rather than hinder ... on the road.

rubber match today!

Comment

belt's blast was all the offense necessary.
                          what was it - four doubleplays? none bigger than the one induced by lopez in the 8th to escape that bases loaded jam.

i think that this win could be a pivot point:
                          tje giants got off the schneid with kershaw ... the defense helped rather than hinder ... on the road.

rubber match today!

*Pill's blast.

And yes, Lopez was HUGE last night.
                          San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

• Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
                            Who'd a thought that with guys like Belt, Crawford and Sandoval that they'd have so many errors. But last night showed that it's just not that easy to stick a catcher on 1B.
                            They also showed that they should have moved Gillaspie to second base by now. He does NOT have the arm for third.
                            San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

• Still can't believe the Giants beat Kershaw! Yes!!! He was 5-0 W-L against the Giants last season! The four double plays was great see. I wonder if Bochy laid into the team after last night's putrid loss?

Comment

• In other baseball news Carlos Beltran is hitting .288/.398/.587, 171 OPS+, 10 HR, 26 RBI, 23 R. He even has 5 steals already. :hissyfit:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X