2012 San Francisco Giants Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    In other baseball news Carlos Beltran is hitting .288/.398/.587, 171 OPS+, 10 HR, 26 RBI, 23 R. He even has 5 steals already. :hissyfit:
    That's just great.

In other news, Andres Torres hit a home run for the Mets against the Phillies.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21301699

I'm watching the Giants-Dodgers game with MLB.TV. Vin Scully happens to mention the Giants lack of patience at the plate. I believe the team should work on being more patient hitters like the Mets, drawing walks and two-out hits.

Here's an example from Mets catcher Mike Nickeas:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21176753
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Tim Lincecum loses again.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
        That's just great.

In other news, Andres Torres hit a home run for the Mets against the Phillies.
        http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21301699

I'm watching the Giants-Dodgers game with MLB.TV. Vin Scully happens to mention the Giants lack of patience at the plate. I believe the team should work on being more patient hitters like the Mets, drawing walks and two-out hits.Here's an example from Mets catcher Mike Nickeas:
        http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21176753
        That's a situation hitting issue and that falls on hitting coach Hensley Meullens. I believe Meullens should be fired immediately and replaced with Will Clark.

Fire Bam Bam!! Hire The Thrill!
        San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

• The real Barry Zito showed up today in Milwaukee as he allowed 8 runs in the first two innings. The Giants lost 8-5.
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

• Got to give Sabean and Co. some props. Melky Cabrera has been huge so far this season. He's only 27 and looks like a real keeper.

Comment

The real Barry Zito showed up today in Milwaukee as he allowed 8 runs in the first two innings. The Giants lost 8-5.
              To be fair Wags, the Giants defense was poor again, half those runs were unearned.
              “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Got to give Sabean and Co. some props. Melky Cabrera has been huge so far this season. He's only 27 and looks like a real keeper.
                I know it's not even June yet, but YOWZA, the Melk Man can play
                “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

• Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
                  To be fair Wags, the Giants defense was poor again, half those runs were unearned.
                  Wasn't one of the errors in the Brewers' 6-run first inning a throwing error by Zito?

Comment

Wasn't one of the errors in the Brewers' 6-run first inning a throwing error by Zito?

Yeah, he was just looking to keep his era down.

Comment

• I thought I throw this out there with the Giants' struggling offense. Should they give AAA prospect Roger Kieshnick a shot? He's pounding the ball at Fresno, hitting .333/.407/.656, 13 HR, 33 RBI, 43 R, 12 doubles, 23 BB, 52 K. Yeah, the PCL ia hitter's league and he's never been this good in the lower minors, and he's still striking out a ton. His AAA stats come to an MLE of .285/.347/.530. The Giants could sure use a hitter like that. I wonder if Sabean is even considering calling up Kieshnick?
                      Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 05-25-2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Off topic: Andres Torres' wife has given birth to a new baby earlier today.

http://twitter.com/AdamRubinESPN/sta...05692392357888

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                          Off topic: Andres Torres' wife has given birth to a new baby earlier today.

http://twitter.com/AdamRubinESPN/sta...05692392357888
                          What the heck happened to Torres? He's hitting .208/.347/.289?!!

Comment

• The Giants are actually 10th in the NL in runs scored, only nine runs behind the #5 team. The Giants have scored the second most runs on the road but are second to last in home scoring.

Giants scoring
                            4.72 R/G (road)
                            3.35 R/G (home)

What gives?

Comment

• Some great news. Pablo Sandoval has started taking batting practice!

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/giants/...kes-some-rips/

Comment

What the heck happened to Torres? He's hitting .208/.347/.289?!!
                                He's been hurt and getting sporadic playing time. He got hurt on opening day and missed more than a few games.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X