This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posey out of the lineup???

I noticed Buster Posey was not in the lineup yesterday. Is he injured? If not, then what is going on with him?

If it's because it's a day game after a night game, then shouldn't he and/or his knees be rested enough to play first base? If he isn't in good enough shape to play first base on a day game after a night game, then he's probably not in good enough shape to be a MLB catcher. What is really going on?

No wonder the Giants got clobbered 9-1.
    Holding a pitcher accountable for how many runs his team scores is like holding the designated hitter accountable for how many runs his team allows.

An individual statistic is meaningful only if it is based strictly on what the player does and not on what the other players on his team do.

Contrary to what most baseball fans claim, a pitched ball which is hit into play is not a strike.

More Giants whining from Biz I see. You do realize that it's common practice for catchers to get a complete day off from a day game after a night game, right? But you just reach for something to disparage Buster Posey...
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Sanchez was reactivated from the DL, he normally catches Zito
      1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
      2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
      3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BiZmaRK View Post
        I noticed Buster Posey was not in the lineup yesterday. Is he injured? If not, then what is going on with him?

If it's because it's a day game after a night game, then shouldn't he and/or his knees be rested enough to play first base? If he isn't in good enough shape to play first base on a day game after a night game, then he's probably not in good enough shape to be a MLB catcher. What is really going on?

Go away, troll.
        sigpic

Comment

Jeez Biz, you claim to pay attention to the Giants, yet you failed to know about 1) the roster move to activate Sanchez 2) that Sanchez catches Zito 3) Buster has taken a lot of day games after night games off.

You could have had the answer to all your questions by spending 30 seconds on SFGiants.com, instead you come here and throw around accusations about Posey and the team and thereby showing you had no clue about the team. All the time knowing it would rile us up.

Do us all a favor and stay out of this forum.
          “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

he does like the A's Mets and Dodgers none of whom have been relevant since the 80s
            1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
            2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
              Jeez Biz, you claim to pay attention to the Giants, yet you failed to know about 1) the roster move to activate Sanchez 2) that Sanchez catches Zito 3) Buster has taken a lot of day games after night games off.

You could have had the answer to all your questions by spending 30 seconds on SFGiants.com, instead you come here and throw around accusations about Posey and the team and thereby showing you had no clue about the team. All the time knowing it would rile us up.

Do us all a favor and stay out of this forum.
              It seems you didn't read my OP. I clearly said If it's because it's a day game after a night game, then shouldn't he and/or his knees be rested enough to play first base?
              Holding a pitcher accountable for how many runs his team scores is like holding the designated hitter accountable for how many runs his team allows.

An individual statistic is meaningful only if it is based strictly on what the player does and not on what the other players on his team do.

Contrary to what most baseball fans claim, a pitched ball which is hit into play is not a strike.

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
                he does like the A's Mets and Dodgers none of whom have been relevant since the 80s
                When/where did I say I like the A's, Dodgers and Mets?

Comment

It seems you didn't read my OP. I clearly said If it's because it's a day game after a night game, then shouldn't he and/or his knees be rested enough to play first base?
                  Just leave this forum alone Biz, you aren't welcome here.
                  “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Just leave this forum alone Biz, you aren't welcome here.
                    If the Giants board isn't an appropriate place, what board would be appropriate?

Comment

If the Giants board isn't an appropriate place, what board would be appropriate?
                      It's not the post, it's you Biz. YOU aren't welcome here. You do nothing but agitate in this forum, and we are tired of it. Post in other BBF forums or if you must post about the Giants, go to the SFGiants.com board and see how welcome you are there.Go there and tell those people that Lincecum and Cain are greedy and see the reception you get. We were polite compared to what you will find there.

Comment

It's not the post, it's you Biz. YOU aren't welcome here. You do nothing but agitate in this forum, and we are tired of it. Post in other BBF forums or if you must post about the Giants, go to the SFGiants.com board and see how welcome you are there.Go there and tell those people that Lincecum and Cain are greedy and see the reception you get. We were polite compared to what you will find there.
                        Is the SF Giants board not the most appropriate board on baseball fever to post questions about Posey being out of the lineup?

Comment

If he isn't in good enough shape to play first base on a day game after a night game, then he's probably not in good enough shape to be a MLB catcher

Is the SF Giants board not the most appropriate board on baseball fever to post questions about Posey being out of the lineup?

you didn't ask a simple question, you made snide cheap comments

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
                            If he isn't in good enough shape to play first base on a day game after a night game, then he's probably not in good enough shape to be a MLB catcher

Do you disagree with that statement? If so, why?

Do you believe with Posey at first base instead of Belt, the Giants likely would have fared better?

I would think so.
                            Last edited by BiZmaRK; 08-05-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X