Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Smoke, Cain throws a one hitter Shut out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Smoke, Cain throws a one hitter Shut out!

We've been waiting for this version of Matt Cain to show up this season. Nice job by Cainer to hold the A's to virtually nothing.
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

hey

Hey y'all, I'm new here. just wanted to say what's up. Go giants!

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14
      We've been waiting for this version of Matt Cain to show up this season. Nice job by Cainer to hold the A's to virtually nothing.
      Yes, his relief apearance in Houston why kind of a clue...
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

I was at the Coliseum on Sunday, thru all the drizzle. Note, a clear poncho is a fan's beast friend, especially if you're trying to keep score. And, looking back at the scorecard, Cain was spectacular. Only 3 walks, 1 hit and he kept the ball on the ground most of the day. Only 5 SO, but it was a wet afternoon.

For the A's, Blanton was rocked in the 4th before getting yanked. 4 hits thru 8 batters. The rest of the bullpen managed to get a hit (or 3) on them too. Ugh.

Well played Giants. See you again next month.

Comment

http://www.sportsmemo.com/handicappers/er/articles/592/

"The strapping Cain deals a 95-MPH heater that flows easily with a curveball and change-up. The concern for the young stud is his weakness for giving up the base on balls. With that said, his walks allowed should hurt him less when pitching at home because AT&T Park is favorable to pitching. Also, he's an extreme fly-ball twirler, which again should hurt him less when toeing the rubber in his home park...."

Cain is going to keep getting better. I think he will be nasty if he gets comfortable.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X