2012 San Francisco Giants Postseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giants as down 4-0 already! Ugh.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
      Giants as down 4-0 already! Ugh.
      Also, no hits or walks.
      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Giants offense:

Comment

Terrible game by the Giants. I checked and 5 teams have come back from an 0-2 deficit.

1982 Brewers
          1995 Mariners
          1999 Red Sox
          2001 Yankees
          2003 Red Sox

However, none of these teams had to win 3 road games. It's looking bleak for the Giants.
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

All we can do now is fall back on the tired cliche, "We need to play it one game at a time."

Comment

Reds are doing to the Giants what the Giants did to the Braves in 2010. Shutting down the offensive completely, and it doesn't feel good.
              “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Tonight is Ryan Vogelsong's first post season start ever. Voggie wasn't even in the majors two years ago. This should be interesting.

Comment

ESPN article about Voggie.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2012...ame-3-nlds-mlb

Comment

is there a reason why they start vogelsong and not lincecum? lincecum was terrible the first half but quite good in the second half.
                    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                      is there a reason why they start vogelsong and not lincecum? lincecum was terrible the first half but quite good in the second half.
                      Lincecum will be pitching out of the bullpen from what I've heard.

Also, I was listening to the ESPN radio broadcast and they compared Vogelsong and his career to R.A. Dickey.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                        Starting Voggie was the right move. In his last three starts Voggie looked good. In his last two starts, Lincecum was terrible. Plus if the Giants somehow win game 3 Timmy may start game 4.

Comment

The Giants are tied 1-1! The Giants scored their run without any hits. They only have one hit so far.

Comment

Wow the Giants really grinded this 2-1 win today. The pitching was outstanding today.

Comment

Fantastic win tonight. Team had plenty of chances to fold up and quit, and they refused to do so. Maybe it had something to do with Hunter Pence's pregame speech:

"get in here, everyone get in here..look into each other eyes..now! look into each others eyes, I want one more day with you, it's the most fun, the best team I have ever been on and no matter what happens we must not give in, we owe it to each other, play for each other, I need one more day with you guys, I need to see what Theriot will wear tomorrow, I want to play defense behind Vogelsong because he's never been to the playoffs..play for each other not yourself, win each moment, win each inning, it's all we have left"............
                              Last edited by KHenry14; 10-10-2012, 01:00 AM.
                              “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Hunter Pence really said that? Wow. Very cool.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X