No announcement yet.

2012 San Francisco Giants Postseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giants win game 4, 8-3!!!! Timmy was THE FREAK today!!
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

I just had a feeling Timmy would find a way to make a difference, and he did. Now it's BMC's Turn!
      “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
        Giants win game 4, 8-3!!!! Timmy was THE FREAK today!!
        Hope we see you guys on Sunday! Please tell somebody to beat the Reds tomorrow, if you have any connections!
        1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
        The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
          Hope we see you guys on Sunday! Please tell somebody to beat the Reds tomorrow, if you have any connections!
          Will do! Love to see the past two World Series champions play for the National League pennant!
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Game 5 starts in two hours! GO GIANTS!!!

Comment

What a game, a victory to go down with some of the best Giants victories ever. 4 times the tying run came to the plate, and the Giants held them off every time. And yes, the Giants were helped by a classic Dusty Baker blunder by him running into that DP. But still, when it counted, they came up big. And it's even sweeter to beat that punk Latos and his whiny tweeting wife.
              “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Wasn't Latos the guy who said he hated the Giants guts with a passion when he pitched for the Padres?!

Comment

So I assume MadBum starts game 1 on Sunday?

Comment

Wasn't Latos the guy who said he hated the Giants guts with a passion when he pitched for the Padres?!
                    Oh yeah, he hates the Giants. He would sign balls to that effect. This is the second time we've beaten him in crunch time though. The last game of 2010 and today. Heh Heh

Comment

So I assume MadBum starts game 1 on Sunday?
                      Got to be MadBum in game 1 and Vogy in game 2. The question is, does BMC go in game 3, or do they give it to Big Time Timmy Jim?

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-nlcs/1627771/

great article includes how Bochy played possum with Dusty Baker before Game 3 and how the Giants secretly brought champagne to Cinci even though down 0-2.
                        1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                        2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                        3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

As usual Grant Brisbee is spot on.

http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/201...s-or-cardinals

Comment

So the Giants will play in their 6th NLCS since divisional play began. They are 3-2 in NLCS play and are 1-1 vs the Cards in NLCS play.

Comment

1987 still hurts. I think, and I bet most of you people agree, that the Giants beat the Twins in the WS had we gotten the chance. That NLCS also featured Dave Dravecky's brilliant 2 hit shutout in game 2, and Mike Krukow's CG in game 4. Both their finest moments as Giants.

Comment

Yeah blowing a 3-2 series lead in '87 sucked. They would have beaten the Twins. The '87 Giants lead the NL in team ERA and they hit 205 home runs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X