• Show
Clear All

Giants NLCS history:

1971- Lost to Pirates, 3-1
    1987- Lost to Cardinals, 4-3
    1989- Beat Cubs, 4-1
    2002- Beat Cardinals, 4-1
    2010- Beat Phillies, 4-2
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Assuming the Giants and Tigers reach the World Series, they have never met before in World Series play.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Question: Does Bumgarner throw a changeup? If he does, I think he could use it to strikeout Cardinals batters.

As a Mets fan, I know the Cards can be beaten with a good lefty on the mound.
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

The Cards have the best record in baseball vs lefty starters. Although you couldn't tell it from Game 5. Excellent effort from Zito and the defense was superb.

Going to be a fun Game 6...
          "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

and we are going to the limit in this series 6-1 giants in game 6, now we have matt cain in game 7

Comment

Congrats Giants!
              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Lots of demons exorcized tonight

first game 7 win ever in franchise history (excuding 9 game series)

1987 going to STL up 3-2 and not scoring a run in two games
                1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

7 down, 4 to go. This one was for Atlee Hammaker and Jeffrey Leonard and the rest of those '87 Giants. Jose Oquendo you've been laid to rest.

Orange Octorture continues...
                  San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Wow, what a team. Down 3-1 in games....and then to comeback and allow 1!!!!!! run in the next three games!! That is so clutch, it's almost too much to believe. I'm so proud of these guys. Now it's time to show all the naysayers what Giants baseball is all about!
                    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

Congrats to the GIANTS. 19th pennant in the modern era...14 of which were in the POLO GROUNDS. In 2010, they brought the WS trophy back to Manhattan. Hope they do it again.

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2012/1...n-the-pennant/

I went out to see the 1989 playoffs when the Giants pounded the Cubs for the Pennant. Wish I could get out there for this ! Go GIANTS.

Comment

by god pablo hit three home runs last night as the giants cruise in game one 8-3, why wasn't this noted on here, this was history

Comment

watching Sandoval last nite led me to wonder if he had played 45 years ago, who would have won a footrace between him and Smokey Burgess

Comment

Originally posted by strato View Post
                            watching Sandoval last nite led me to wonder if he had played 45 years ago, who would have won a footrace between him and Smokey Burgess
                            Actually, Sandoval has decent speed for his size. He is very agile for his size. He reminds me of Jerome Bettis in a way.

Comment

nice game by MadBum. I guess 11 days off was good for him. But his fastball velocity is still down. I wonder what gives?

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                                Actually, Sandoval has decent speed for his size. He is very agile for his size. He reminds me of Jerome Bettis in a way.
                                Mr. 3.5 yards per carry?
                                1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                                The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X