Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 San Francisco Giants Regular Season

Well, let's get this season started! :applaud:
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

MadBum hits 2 home runs on Opening Day and the bullpen blows that game?! That was terrible.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

The game even got boradcasted here in Germany. Well, the second half of it. But I think my constant promoting of the Giants had nothing to do with it.
      Greetings from Germany

Comment

What's MadBum got to do to get a win?
        2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Buster can't catch a break. He looked alright, so hopefully no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerin Hank View Post
            Buster can't catch a break. He looked alright, so hopefully no worries.
            He's OK. No where near as bad as Panik's last year.
            “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

BTW, Matt Moore has been outstanding so far. He's turning into an excellent acquisition

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
                He's OK. No where near as bad as Panik's last year.
                I guess it was about as bad as it looked. Couldn't tell by his reaction though. He's on the 7-day concussion DL.

Comment

BTW, Matt Moore has been outstanding so far. He's turning into an excellent acquisition
                  I'm hoping that Moore is Jason Schmidt 2.0, a former elite pitching prospect who had injury issues then became an elite starter in his late 20's.
                  Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                    I'm hoping that Moore is Jason Schmidt 2.0, a former elite pitching prospect who had injury issues then became an elite starter in his late 20's.
                    That's a really interesting comparison Wags. One that I like a lot.

Comment

That's a really interesting comparison Wags. One that I like a lot.
                      Check this out KH:

Jason Schmidt was drafted out of high school in the 8th round of the 1991 draft.
                      Matt Moore was drafted out of high school in the 8th round of the 2007 draft.

Baseball America rated Jason Schmidt #42 (1995) and #11 (1996) as a prospect
                      Baseball America rated Matt Moore the #35 (2010), #15 (2011), and #2 (2012) as a prospect.

Jason Schmidt debuted in the majors at age 22.
                      Matt Moore debuted in the majors at age 22.

Jason Schmidt has a labrum tear in 2000 that required surgery at age 27.
                      Matt Moore tore ligaments in his left arm and had Tommy John surgery at age 25.

Jason Schmidt joined the Giants at age 28.
                      Matt Moore joined the Giants at age 27.

Comment

Thats just plain eerie Wags. Me likey

Comment

Nice win last night over the Royals. I was worried after they didn't score in the 8th, with 2 on, no outs that they'd blow it. It was a nice extra inning road win!
                          This week's Giant

#5 in games played as a Giant with 1721 , Bill Terry

Comment

First thing....this is a game they would have lost last year. Second, Melancon is turning out to be the second coming of Brian Wilson. A hit, a walk and he strikes out the side! I'm ok with that as the Bearded One got the job done, but it looks like its going to be a wild ride!

Comment

Bumgarner pitches another gem and gets tagged with a loss. Somewhere, in another universe, he's 4-0 instead of 0-3.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X