• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name the Cardinal

First up...........
    Attached Files

Too easy... that's Bill White!

Comment

Yeah, Bill was pretty easy. It's hard to look at him in a Philly uniform though.

Try this former Cardinal:
      Attached Files

Comment

Curt Simmons.

Comment

Great pictures, IronJaw!
          But is this gonna be a parade of Redbirds who also played for the Phillies? This could take forever! (Just kidding!)

Comment

Never. Of course, we must always show the Philles gratitude for thier 1964 collapse. We gave the Phils a few great players like White and Groat at the end of their careers, and McCarver after he became injury prone in 1970. And Carlton . But we also gave the Bob Uecker in 1966.

Comment

This one once hit a crucial HR for the Cardinals (of course, it hurt another team more than the redbirds).
              Attached Files

Comment

I am stumped, I can't figure out who it is. I thought it might be catcher Paul Popovich, but I don't think he ever played for the Cubs.

Comment

Sorry! I meant to say Popovich didn't play for the Cards!

Comment

Not Paul. This guy actually had some power. He hit as many as 21 HRs in a season (not for the Cards - his high with St. L was 14). His last team was the Cubbies. He played for other teams too.

Comment

This is a tough one! I'll kick myself when you reveal who it is. The only other player I can think of is Don Kessinger (who DID play for the Cards at the end of his career)... but he had no power as I recall.

Comment

As a young Cardinal, he hit a crucial homerun that basically forced a NL playoff (back during a time when they didn't have playoffs - unless there was a tie for first). The Cardinals were not one of the playoff teams - just the spoiler.

Comment

The player in the Cub uniform was former Cardinal/Brave/Phillie (again)/BoSox and Cub catcher, Gene Oliver. Gene was the starting catcher for the Cardinals in 1962. He lost the job to Tim McCarver in 1963, though he still played quite a bit (he played 1b and a little of). He was traded to the Braves in mid-season 1963.

Now.....who was this former exellent Cardinal relief pitcher?
                          Attached Files

Comment

That's Joe Hoerner!!! (He ALSO spent some time with The Phillies!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch
                              That's Joe Hoerner!!! (He ALSO spent some time with The Phillies!)
                              Damn, you just beat me to it Gooch! But I cheated, was looking up Colt .45 rosters, 62-64. I didn't realize Hoerner had been a Colt. They also had a couple of other guys who were decent relief pitchers for the Cards, Hal Woodeschick and dave Giusti.
                              It Might Be? It Could Be?? It Is!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X