X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior skittles
    replied
    Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
    What I found to help being more members to the Cubs forum when there was little activity was to make a few new and interesting threads daily. You may not notice anything at first but after a few weeks, you'll no longer have to be creater of the threads to spark conversation. Others will be making seveal of their own interesting threads. I don't think this particular thread helps the situation much.
    your probally right but i wanted it to be made clear that for us being so popular we need some more visitors, and maybe get this forum more action!!!
    I agree with your idea maybe il start a few threads tonite.

Leave a comment:

• Hammerin Hank
    replied
    What I found to help being more members to the Cubs forum when there was little activity was to make a few new and interesting threads daily. You may not notice anything at first but after a few weeks, you'll no longer have to be creater of the threads to spark conversation. Others will be making seveal of their own interesting threads. I don't think this particular thread helps the situation much.

Leave a comment:

• otis89
    replied
    Originally posted by tonjes
    i guess all that we can argue is that we're the best fans in baseball in the real world, and not cyberspace.
    Um, yeah. I happen to go to school with a few idiot Cardinals fans. I'm not saying all Cardinals fans are idiots, but I know a few that have the IQ of a fence.

Leave a comment:

• 64Cards
    replied
    Originally posted by Senior skittles
    lol ya that beer is expensive.....you can bring pop and maybe beer into busch but it has to be in a colapsible cooler and plastick bottles......but dont forget that we are not the only ones getting charged like this.....every other team in baseball has these same outrageous prices
    Was watching on tv the Cards games in wrigley last week, the vendors were selling 16oz Bud and Old Style for $5.75, no bargain but much better than our $7. I'd wager it's about the only place in Chicago that you can get beer cheaper than in St. Louis. Also the brewery that the beer is coming is maybe 2 miles, at most, directly south of the ballpark.

Leave a comment:

• Senior skittles
    replied
    Originally posted by 64Cards
    I've been following the Cards since the early 60's and maybe it's an age thing, but I really don't have the interest and certainly not the passion for the current team and game that I did when I was younger. It's become mostly a tv show to watch on summer evenings, if it's a good game I watch, if it's boring I find something else to look at.

Or maybe it's the $7 they charge for a 16oz. beer at the ballyard or the incredible prices they are getting for tickets or the wall to wall ads plastered over the new place and on the broadcasts or their inability to resign decent ballplayers like Grudzeladick [sp] or Reggie Sanders that has left me rather cynical and somewhat uninterested in our present team.

But again and I think for most fans, their is more interest in the game and the players that they watchged as kids. Back in the 60's I would certainly rather have talked about the Card teams of that time rather that the exploits of Hornsby and Bottomly in the 20's. I've gotta adnit though I have totally enjoyed watching Pujols...savor and appreciate, we may never see a better Cardinal for decades.
    lol ya that beer is expensive.....you can bring pop and maybe beer into busch but it has to be in a colapsible cooler and plastick bottles......but dont forget that we are not the only ones getting charged like this.....every other team in baseball has these same outrageous prices

Leave a comment:

• 64Cards
    replied
    I've been following the Cards since the early 60's and maybe it's an age thing, but I really don't have the interest and certainly not the passion for the current team and game that I did when I was younger. It's become mostly a tv show to watch on summer evenings, if it's a good game I watch, if it's boring I find something else to look at.

Or maybe it's the $7 they charge for a 16oz. beer at the ballyard or the incredible prices they are getting for tickets or the wall to wall ads plastered over the new place and on the broadcasts or their inability to resign decent ballplayers like Grudzeladick [sp] or Reggie Sanders that has left me rather cynical and somewhat uninterested in our present team.

But again and I think for most fans, their is more interest in the game and the players that they watchged as kids. Back in the 60's I would certainly rather have talked about the Card teams of that time rather that the exploits of Hornsby and Bottomly in the 20's. I've gotta adnit though I have totally enjoyed watching Pujols...savor and appreciate, we may never see a better Cardinal for decades.

Leave a comment:

• Gashouse6
    replied
    I just get lazy when posting on Cardinal game updates.

Leave a comment:

• Senior skittles
    replied
    Originally posted by starkeeper
    I check the Cardinals forum every day and comment periodically. I noticed that while Pujols was injured there was hardly any action here. This site seems to get its rush from Number 5, and right now he and the team are really hurting. Its a good thing that Cincinatti is slumping as well or else the Cards would be finding themselves in a hole that would have them finished in early October. Look at what a recent bad road trip has done to the Jays in the AL east. They went from decent contention is one week to 8 games back.
    The reds where heireled as the biggest winners in the trade market by solving problems.....Ya well when you create huge holes in your lineup like trading austin kearns and felipe lopez your making and even bigger weakness than you had before!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• starkeeper
    replied
    I check the Cardinals forum every day and comment periodically. I noticed that while Pujols was injured there was hardly any action here. This site seems to get its rush from Number 5, and right now he and the team are really hurting. Its a good thing that Cincinatti is slumping as well or else the Cards would be finding themselves in a hole that would have them finished in early October. Look at what a recent bad road trip has done to the Jays in the AL east. They went from decent contention is one week to 8 games back.
    Last edited by starkeeper; 08-04-2006, 03:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tonjes
    replied
    i've been wondering the same thing for a while now too. sadly, there is only a handful of members who post regularly in our forum. i guess all that we can argue is that we're the best fans in baseball in the real world, and not cyberspace.

Leave a comment:

• Senior skittles
    started a topic what the heck???

what the heck???

Where are all the bird on bat fans???? For crying out loud a team that dosent even exist any more gets more action than this forum!!!! Maybe most cardinal fans dont know how to use a computer!!!!!!:atthepc

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X