Reason to believe the cards will be dominant next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason to believe the cards will be dominant next year

I know its early to be talking about next year but with my disgust in this years club and its inconsiesntcey fresh in my mind, I just could not help myself.

ss eckstein gets on base nicely fo guys behind
    lf duncan (hopefully!!!!!!) hopefully comes back and preform like he is this yea
    1b pujols best hitter in baseball
    3b rolen fully healthy, expect a return to 04 form
    cf edmonds tell him to take it easy, no diving catches, 20- 30 HR guy
    rf encarnacion IN his prime, if he dosent get lazy, more steals, better D,
    2b belliard also in his prime, legit starter, 10-20 HR guy
    c molina his hitting will eventually come around , expect a breakout year.
    P spot

rotation
    carpenter A-C-E CY-YOUNG
    mulder ( sucsesful return??) 2nd starter if he returns to form
    reyes more exp in Rotation, gets the nod over wainwright
    wainwright has preformed well in the bullpen, expect success in the rotation
    (supp, weaver, marquis)

pen
    CP izzy see how he prforms, if he blows 3 or 4 right away brek in a new closer
    Looper
    flores
    johnson (only against lefties!!!!)
    hancock
    thomson
    sosa

bench
    c bennet
    OF taguchi
    OF rodriguez ( wilson????)
    INF miles
    wilson, vizcaino or ??????

this team on paper looks REALLY good in the best case scenario, keys are

1.MULDER MUST BE THE #2 GUY TO BALANCE THE REST OF THE ROTATION
    2.DUNCAN MUST PREFORM LIKE HE IS DOING THIS YEAR.
    3.REYES AND WAINWRIGHT MUST LIVE UP TO EXPECTATIONS.

this is all considering we dont make a marquee sighning. for that 5th slot in the rotation ill have to see how our guys finish the year. either you get better consistencey out of suppan, or marquis's and weaver's potiental. Weaver has been very good at times in his carrer, maybe we just need to await his reamergence. Marquis is inconsitent but can be brialliant at times.

I have to say if all goes right this team can go all the way. So if you cardinal fans are feeling bad about this year. Just read this and look forward to next year ( thats not saying we cant WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR!!!!!!)
    Our future.....Colby Rasmus.....Im his biggest fan!!!

I really enjoy your optimism, yet ... this club needs a bit of a makeover - especially in the rotation. With Edmonds on the decline, I would like to have better bat from right field, that doesn't strike out a lot. With Edmonds, Encarnacion and Duncan ... that's way too many whiffs for one team. You have to be able to put that bat on the ball to be successful, I would personally feel much more comfortable with a contact, speedy, gap hitter from one of the corner outfield positions.

Mulder needs a new home. His era is near 7. Resigning him after a year like this past one would be a liability. I would also say, EITHER, Wainright or Reyes - not both of them. There will be some pitching available in the offseason, I would be more into getting a proven guy or two, behind Capenter. If they can pick up a two and three guy, then maybe resigning the both of them would be a good idea. But, to me, both of those guys are back of the rotation ... 5th starter types.

I don't like the bullpen at all. I guess some of them will have to stay, but ... I'm ready for Izzy to go to another team and I still feel shaky when Looper comes to the mound.

Well, check my "Who needs to go?" thread ... I'm all about some newer, fresh blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Brannu
      I really enjoy your optimism, yet ... this club needs a bit of a makeover - especially in the rotation. With Edmonds on the decline, I would like to have better bat from right field, that doesn't strike out a lot. With Edmonds, Encarnacion and Duncan ... that's way too many whiffs for one team. You have to be able to put that bat on the ball to be successful, I would personally feel much more comfortable with a contact, speedy, gap hitter from one of the corner outfield positions.

Mulder needs a new home. His era is near 7. Resigning him after a year like this past one would be a liability. I would also say, EITHER, Wainright or Reyes - not both of them. There will be some pitching available in the offseason, I would be more into getting a proven guy or two, behind Capenter. If they can pick up a two and three guy, then maybe resigning the both of them would be a good idea. But, to me, both of those guys are back of the rotation ... 5th starter types.

I don't like the bullpen at all. I guess some of them will have to stay, but ... I'm ready for Izzy to go to another team and I still feel shaky when Looper comes to the mound.

Well, check my "Who needs to go?" thread ... I'm all about some newer, fresh blood.
      I defenitley agree with the outfielder idea, a juan pierre type player.

I also agree with the idea of aquiring another frontline starter.

I think that our bullpen is good with what we have.

my point is......that if we make no aquisitons this offseason, there is no reason to think we will have a bad team. Aquisitions will just make us even more dominant!!!!

Comment

there are certainly things to be hopeful about going into next year. any team with pujols, carpenter, and rolen at the core starts off in a good place. plug in reyes, wainwright, and molina and that's a nice youth movement. i like eck at short and i'm a big ronnie belliard fan. the bullpen has to be rebuilt (but in this day and age that's usually the case every year). the two areas of concern, as we all know, is the OF and starting pitching (and maybe closer, but i don't know where we find somebody better than izzy ). i don't like duncan as an everyday player-over 600 AB his flaws as a hitter will be exposed. edmonds is at the end of a great career (and i'm actually kind of shocked at how much support there is for edmonds as a HoFer over in the HoF forum-he's generally considered a boderline HoFer, which is higher than i have hollywood jimmy ranked). juan enc is what he is (and i think his contract makes him untradable). i think it's going to much easier to rebuild the starting staff than it will be to rebuild the OF because the foundation of the starting staff is stronger. so my hope for the offseason is that the orginization opens up their wallet and buys us a big hitting left fielder for christmas.

Comment

Albert Pujols the best hitter in baseball? That was funny .

He is not the best hitter in baseball, sorry to say. He was good, but then he got injured. Best hitter(s) in baseball is: Ryan Howard, David Ortiz, Alfonso Soriano, Ichiro, and Derek Jeter.

Albert was great before he got injured, but he's not the best at all anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by EdmondsFan#1

He is not the best hitter in baseball, sorry to say. He was good, but then he got injured. Best hitter(s) in baseball is: Ryan Howard, David Ortiz, Alfonso Soriano, Ichiro, and Derek Jeter.

yes, you're right. let's judge pujols over his last two hundred at bats and not over the course of his last six years. the only player in the history of baseball that you can compare pujols to as a hitter is joe dimaggio. let me put it to you this way, the phillies, red sox, nats, mariners, and yanks would trade the players you mentioned straight up for pujols in a heartbeat. they wouldn't think twice about it. they wouldn't let jocketty get off the phone until the deal was consumated. then, in a fit of appreciation, they'd send the cards everything in their minor league system, several million dollars in unmarked bills, and their first born child-all the while praising God for his generosity and giggling nonstop.

yes, you're right. albert got injured and he's not the best hitter in baseball anymore. sadly, for all of us cardinal fans, pujols is only 5th in avg, 7th in R, 5th in HR, 4th in RBI, 3rd in OBP, 1st in SLG, and 1st in OPS. terrible, just god awful really. what are we going to do? we really must trade this slug.

and did i forget to mention that he's going to win the gold glove at 1B this year and a second MVP? if only we could trade this guy for a young guy like howard or a DH like papi or the defensive liability that is soriano or an old singles hitter like ichiro or the most overrated player in the game like jeter. life would be so much better for us.

yes, you're right. pujols isn't the best hitter in baseball. he's just the best player.

Comment

Not a very good post....You cant base hitters on the last 100 ABs at all..

Comment

my reason for saying this is because he is!!!!!!The best hitter would be overall the best!!!!! better OBP and average then howard, soriano, ortiz. More power thank jeter and ichiro. Overall he is the best. he missed 17 days and is still up with the league leaders in every categoery. his rbi's dont come from just blasting it out of the park, they come from his singles and doubles too.

Comment

something else about this pujols thing (which honestly we should just ignore and let it die the death it deserves), pujols is actually two months younger than ryan howard. he's younger than anyone else the guy proposed was better than albert. scary but true: albert pujols is yet to enter the prime of his career.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X