Early Hot Stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Hot Stove

Even though the Cards will probably win the NL Comedy Central Division, I don't see them winning the NL, so I want to kick off the hot stove league musings.

Pending free agents to let go and not re-sign: Jason Marquis, Jason Marquis, Jason Marquis. (Did I say Jason Marquis?)

Pending Cardinals free agents to try and retain: Mulder (a la Matt Morris), Suppan, Belliard, maybe Jeff Weaver.

Options to not renew: Jim Edmonds (but re-sign as Yankees did Bernie Williams, at a deep discount), Preston Wilson.

Pending free agents from other teams to consider: Zito, Tori Hunter.

good riddance, jason marquis.

Comment

I hope we do pick someone up like Zito. We NEED pitching!
      GOT ALBERT?
      St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
      http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

Originally posted by Gashouse6
        I hope we do pick someone up like Zito. We NEED pitching!

The question is: Will DeWitt et al be willing to fork over the big bucks to get Zito? The Yankees are going to be all over him like a wet blanket.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure cardinals are going to try and get Zito.

They were looking at zito for a pitcher and getting rid of edmonds for tori hunter.

I don't prefer tori hunter myself but he would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalfaninNY
            The question is: Will DeWitt et al be willing to fork over the big bucks to get Zito? The Yankees are going to be all over him like a wet blanket.
            I see the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rangers all making him big contract offers, which i doubt other teams will match.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
              I see the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rangers all making him big contract offers, which i doubt other teams will match.
              Cardinals have the 4th highest payroll in baseball, and since we are getting rid of Edmonds and hopefully marquis and a couple others i think we should be able to get him.

The only teams ahead of us in payroll is new york yankees, new york mets, boston red sox.

Comment

Originally posted by EdmondsFan#1
                Cardinals have the 4th highest payroll in baseball, and since we are getting rid of Edmonds and hopefully marquis and a couple others i think we should be able to get him.

The only teams ahead of us in payroll is new york yankees, new york mets, boston red sox.
                can you show me where you got thias info???? I thought that at least the dodgers/cubs had way higher parolls!
                Our future.....Colby Rasmus.....Im his biggest fan!!!

Comment

we're no where near the top 5 this year. ESPN has us listed at #13 overall at approx 87M. one problem with ESPN is that the 87M shows guys who were with us part of the year at their full salary level. so while we may have 87M in salary on our roster, we're liable to pay an amount considerably less than that.

for more info check out ESPN or this blog for a summary of the cardinals payroll.

Comment

i got my info when i was watching a yanks game :o

Comment

Originally posted by EdmondsFan#1
                      i got my info when i was watching a yanks game :o
                      And you believe a YANKEES' statement?

Just kidding>

Comment

Are you serious about retaining Belliard....or is that a comic statement?
                        “A lot of people said I could be a good player. I just wanted the opportunity to show it. I just let it happen.”

Albert Pujols

2006 Champions of the World

Life Untill Corked
                        http://z6.invisionfree.com/Life_Untill_Corked/

Image Hosted by Free image hosting

Comment

Originally posted by drtybUsch025
                          Are you serious about retaining Belliard....or is that a comic statement?
                          Why would I be kidding? I think he has done a good job since coming from Cleveland. He's been in a slump the past month, but all ball players except one named Albert go through slumps (e.g. Scott Rolen). His lifetime average is .280+/- and he is a decent fielder.

Comment

no way we get rid of him

theres no one better out there to replace him with!!!!!!

we need some stability at that position for once!
                            Our future.....Colby Rasmus.....Im his biggest fan!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Senior skittles
                              no way we get rid of him

theres no one better out there to replace him with!!!!!!

we need some stability at that position for once!
                              I'll say AMEN to that!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X