Juan Encarnicion and Junior Spivey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Encarnicion and Junior Spivey

Juan just signed for a three-year deal, while Spivey signed for a year. Finally, two proven guys I can trust, now we have an all-star in Right, and a good second baseman in there.

Here's what I expect the lineup be for 2006 (not the batting order, sorted by position)

1. Starting Pitcher (P)
    2. Yadier Molina (C)
    3. Albert Pujols (1B)
    4. Junior Spivey (2B)
    5. Scott Rolen (3B)
    6. David Eckstein (SS)
    7. ??? (Bigbie at Left?)
    8. Jim Edmonds (CF)
    9. Juan Encarnicion (RF)

Spivey might be a bust so watch out. He hit .221 for us.
    The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
    Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

Not to mention Junior had to contend through an injury that put him out for the season, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Spivey is a average 2nd basmen at best but alot better than Grudzelanek is my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Solair Wright
          Not to mention Junior had to contend through an injury that put him out for the season, if I remember correctly.
          Spivey has been injury plagued since 2003 after having a great 2002 season where he made the All-Star team as none other than our pal Jose Vidro's backup at 2B. There is reward, but a lot of risk as well.
          The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
          Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

After watching Spivey for a season and a half, my only advice is don't expect much.
            AL East Champions: 1981 1982
            AL Pennant: 1982
            NL Central Champions: 2011
            NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

No Junior

I like getting Juan, but why Junior Spivey. We needed a second basemen and he's not the answer. I'm not expecting much at all of him.
              GOT ALBERT?
              St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
              http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

Why would you want Encarnacion?? He is an outmaking machine. His OBP and OPS are below league average. Pretty lame for a corner OF. Suffers mental lapses on defense, too.
                Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X