No announcement yet.

They Won!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you can say is Congrats to the 2006 St Louis Cards and there, even though, as a cubs fan, it pains me to say it...

Comment

Wow! Wow! Repeat after Me, "The St. Louis Cardinals are the 2006 World Series Champions!" Go on ahead and say it. It feels great!

What a performance by Weaver, Eck, Wainwright et al! Boy, I had my doubts, but these 'birds did not disappoint.

Also, what a win for the NL. All this bull#[email protected]^ about the AL being the superior league. You can put that urban legend to rest.

Comment

Congratulations to the Cardinals fans and the city of ST Louis. I think your team showed great character this year.
        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Congrats but next year don't expect the same Stros babay!

Comment

Good job, you 83-78, .516 team. 13th in the league, 13.5 games behind the Yankees/Mets. Wow, a good team won the World Series despite the White Sox (.556), Angels (.549), Blue Jays (.537), Red Sox (.531), and Phillies (.525) not even making the playoffs. The Cardinals deserve absolutly no credit and should be ashamed of themselves. They will go down as the worst World Champion EVER! The 1987 Minnesota Twins were even better than them! But congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmSmarterThanYou
              Good job, you 83-78, .516 team. 13th in the league, 13.5 games behind the Yankees/Mets. Wow, a good team won the World Series despite the White Sox (.556), Angels (.549), Blue Jays (.537), Red Sox (.531), and Phillies (.525) not even making the playoffs. The Cardinals deserve absolutly no credit and should be ashamed of themselves. They will go down as the worst World Champion EVER! The 1987 Minnesota Twins were even better than them! But congrats.
              thank you.

Comment

You know you are a d***, right?

So you are one of those pathetic pieces of crap that only look at how good a team is on paper? You are a moron if you do.

Being a good team has alot more to do with then having a good record and having the best players.

Cardinals are a well-balanced team, they have great defense (Edmonds, Rolen, Pujols) and good offense and good pitching. Even if the stats don't show it.

Cardinals have had a rough season but they were never at their top potential until the playoffs. Want to know why the Cardinals have had such a bad record? Because we had to put up with Isringhausen single-handedly losing pratically 10 games for us, Mark Mulder sucking for us (who was expected to be great...), Eckstein getting injured frequently, Edmonds getting injured *Edmonds isn't that good of a player offensively but a hella' lot better then the back-ups*, Pujols missing 15 games and not coming back the same, Jason Marquis's inconsistent ass, Jeff Weaver's terrible performance with all the potential in the world, and I'm probably missing a few things.

So maybe you could say, Jason Marquis sucks, or Mark Mulder is a pansy, but that doesn't make the whole team bad. One player makes a big difference on the whole team, yes, the Cardinals have seen their better days, but it all comes down to the playoffs. Cardinals have been constantly winning their division and haven't had a world series to show for it until Friday, Cardinals deserve it just as much as any other team, because they played better they could handle the pressure, and they had experience. Unlike, Tigers. So if the Tigers won the world series would they deserve it? Not if the Cardinals didn't deserve it. Tigers were had a lot of young, inexperienced, inconsistent players. A few Mets players couldn't take care of themselves and they brought the whole team down with them. Cardinals deserve it more then them. Because Cardinals played better in the playoffs, and in the playoffs everyone starts out on a clean slate. So anything that happened in the season and any numbers they were able to put down doesn' t matter if they can't outplay the other team.
                Last edited by tonjes; 10-30-2006, 02:09 AM.

Comment

everyone needs to calm the you know down a little or i'm going to close this thread. enough with the jealousy and insecurity.

Comment

I'd like to see how many teams would be able to pull off a WS win without their regular closer and No. 2 starter, to say nothing of all the banged-up players in the lineup.
                    History will look past the Cards' record this year. They won when it mattered. And they are better than their record, period. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea.
                    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Oh please. There isn't a person here who wouldn't be ecstatic if their team won in the fashion. A trophy is a trophy, a ring is a ring, and a champion is a champion.
                      sigpic
                      Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

Regardless of the regular season record, the Cardinals played the best baseball of any team in October, thus they are the 2006 World Series Champion. So there! :gt

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X