Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Cardinals win the division in 2006?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Cardinals win the division in 2006?

The Redbirds still look very solid, but the Cubs (if healthy) look better on paper and have more depth. Plus, they get to ride the current trend of "exorcising the curse" ala Angels, Marlins, Red Sox, and White Sox.

Fall Classic? I think the Cubs will beat the Yankees in 7.
    Cardinals
    60.71%
    Cubs
    21.43%
    Astros
    7.14%
    Brewers, Pirates, or Reds
    10.71%

The Redbirds need to find a good Left Fielder still and get some relievers in there if they want to contend against the Cubs.

Comment

Hi all, I'm a newbie from Italy and a great Cards fan (I watch games thanks to mlb.tv)

I think we will win the division this year but it will be more difficult than last year; I think we will not win World Series. The starting rotation is good but not perfect, Ponson is a great bet and I hope to win this bet. The bullpen is still to complete, but Looper and Rincon are good addictions.
      Lineup: Pujols, Eckstein, Molina and Edmonds are perfect, Spivey looks good (and I hope he will have no injuries). I don't know very well what type of player is Encarnacion, Rolen will be back at 100%? I hope so! And as someone wrote, we need a left fielder.

Comment

I think the Cards can still win the division. I don't think the Cubs are "better on paper", and their starting pitching has yet to demonstrate durability, whereas the Cardinals rotation is very good and very durable.:gt

Comment

Originally posted by robsmyth40
          ...the current trend of "exorcising the curse" ala Angels, Marlins,...
          What was the "curse" for those two clubs?

Comment

on paper doesnt mean anything.they still have that cancer dusty baker running the show.relax cards fans

Comment

Another easy romp for the Redbirds.
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

If they can stay healthy, they will have a cakewalk to the division title. I see the division to shape like this:
                St. Louis
                Milwaukee
                Houston
                Chicago
                Cincinnati
                Pittsburgh
                Baseball is not a popularity contest. It's about one thing.

Winning.

Comment

Sure we can, and we will win the division

#1 Pujols must be healthy.

#2 through #8.......see #1.

#9 Rolen must also have a solid year, maybe .275, 25 HR, and 100 RBI's
                  with his usual stellar defense. Edmonds must not have a drop off year... his age is going to catch up to him sooner or later, I just hope it is not 2006. The lineup is a bit unproven, or at least not as good on paper as in past seasons. The big 3 must be big in 06 for the Cards to win the division.

#10 Pitchers stay healthy, and perform up to their abilities. They have been very solid for a long time..... and I expect another good season from them. 10-12 wins from Ponson is all that I ask, btw.

95-100 wins will win the division. Cinci will be better, Milwaukee will be better, which should take a few wins away from everybody in the division.
                  "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

I can't believe the mighty Cards are worried about the Cubs. I think it will come down to ya'll and the Stros again. I did vote for the Cubbies though.

Comment

It may be another Mets/Cards matchup in the NLCS, you never know...but the Cubs don't scare me, it's when the team feels like "huh? There's a game today?" and lose in a blowout. That's not the Cardinals spirit, is it?

Comment

The Cubs won't scare me until they can demonstrate healthy starting pitching beyond what Zambrano and Rusch have provided. True that Prior and Wood have great stuff, but until they can pitch more than half a season, the Cards, the 'stros, the Brew-crew, and even the Bucs have no reason for fear. Sorry, Red-Legs!

Comment

Originally posted by BaylorDan
                          What was the "curse" for those two clubs?
                          I can vaguely see the a curse for the Angels by them not winning in so many years and then winning but the MArlins won it in 1997 giving them no curse. If anything they should be cursed this year for dumping everybody.
                          "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                          -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                          -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

I honestly believe the Cubs can take it. The 'Stros will be too devastated by last October and the Cardinals got injured by the FA Market. Anyways the better team will win. Maybe one of the 2nd didvision teams will surprise us. The Brewers showed a little spark last year. If ound it humurous how the Pirates, REds and Brewers were in the same answer for the poll.
                            "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                            -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                            -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X