World Series DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series DVD

the world series dvd is out today. it's pretty good-better than i expected really. my favorite moment from the dvd is after the cards win game 5 and are in the clubhouse celebrating, somebody asks edmonds what he has to say to all the people who doubted the team, all the people who said "worst team to ever win", etc. jimmy just kind of smiles, holds up a bottle of champagne, and says something along the lines of "i think this says it all." classic.

the dvd is definately worth picking up.

I received mine 2 days ago. Got goosebumps all over again. The St. Louis Cardinals are the 2006 World Series Champions! Yes, go on ahead, say it, meditate on it, revel in it, cherish it.:gt

Comment

the first time i watched it i realized, about three minutes into the dvd, that i had a big smile on my face. i just couldn't stop grinning and laughing through the whole thing.

on thanksgiving, when other families were watcing football, we threw the world series dvd in and had a great time watching that. only in st. louis.

Comment

HubKittle wrote, "only in st. louis". Only if you mean the St. Louis that's in the heart of every Cardinal fan, no matter where they live (I live near Saratoga Springs NY).

I see you're from Granite City (Dal Maxvill's [great fielding, but couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper sack SS for the Cards in the mid-late '60's] hometown, I believe). My mother grew up in Alton, my dad in Edwardsville. I was born in St. Louis, but only lived in the area one year as my father was transferred many times due to his job. But wherever we lived we followed the Cardinals. My first Cardinal memory is the 1964 World Series.

I'm hoping to fly out for a game at the new Busch sometime in 2007.
        Last edited by cardinalfaninNY; 11-30-2006, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalfaninNY
          HubKittle wrote, "only in st. louis". Only if you mean the St. Louis that's in the heart of every Cardinal fan, no matter where they live (I live near Saratoga Springs NY).

I see you're from Granite City (Dal Maxvill's [great fielding, but couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper sack SS for the Cards in the mid-late '60's] hometown, I believe). My mother grew up in Alton, my dad in Edwardsville. I was born in St. Louis, but only lived in the area one year as my father was transferred many times due to his job. But wherever we lived we followed the Cardinals. My first Cardinal memory is the 1964 World Series.

I'm hoping to fly out for a game at the new Busch sometime in 2007.
          dal is indeed from planet granite. the high school field is named after him. champ summers is also from granite. not bad for a soccer town.

i certainly meant no offense to all my brothers and sisters in the great cardinals diaspora. cardinal nation is large and great and its good to hear that we're well represented in upstate new york. i hope you do get to town next season. if it's your first visit to the new busch, i think you'll like it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X