Can Pujols win HR title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Pujols win HR title?

I saw a prop bet with some seriously good value. Did they build the new park as a porch in left for Fat Albert? Is it a hitters park? Do ya'll think he has a chance to win the title? I think it will be between him and A-Rod.

Originally posted by RyneSandberg23
    I saw a prop bet with some seriously good value. Did they build the new park as a porch in left for Fat Albert? Is it a hitters park? Do ya'll think he has a chance to win the title? I think it will be between him and A-Rod.
    I don't think Arod poses much of a threatfor the NL HR title. And, of course, he has a good chance to win an HR crown. The guy averages 41 dingers a year. He only lost the last two years because Beltre, Jones, and Lee had fluke seasons.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
      I don't think Arod poses much of a threatfor the NL HR title. And, of course, he has a good chance to win an HR crown. The guy averages 41 dingers a year. He only lost the last two years because Beltre, Jones, and Lee had fluke seasons.
      I never said anything about the NL title. The bet was major league hr title.

Expect more of the same from Lee this season too.

Of course he has the ability to do it. I was mostly inquiring about the new park and to hear opinions from the fans that watch him play often.

Comment

You see, Derrek Lee has been a threat to Pujols since 2004, but if the Cubs don't sign him after the 06 season, he becomes a free agent. A two-year extension for the Golden Glover would be nice, as he's been very beneficial to the Cubs. In my opinion, he (Lee) sacrifices a little speed (for stealing bases) for defense.

I hope Pujols comes close to 40 home runs, but I think Lee will steal the show this time as the HR champion. Yes I'm a Cards fan, but Lee has a better potential than Pujols at times (Lee only made 6 errors last year, Pujols made 14 errors). So it's safe to say Lee is better defensively, but will that change? Time will tell.

EDIT: Added more about why Lee/Pujols will be a tough contender for HR title
        Last edited by Solair Wright; 02-07-2006, 01:44 PM.

Comment

It is only a matter of time for this young gentleman to not only win the HR title ... but The Triple Crown.

And, yes, he could also win the MLB homerun title.

Comment

Originally posted by Brannu
            It is only a matter of time for this young gentleman to [...] win [...] The Triple Crown.
            He definitely has what it takes.

He is the greatest hitter in the game today, and will be for a while.

He may not be the best player in baseball, as others have advantages over him on defense, position, baserunning, etc..., but as a hitter, no one compares (other than Bonds).

He is hitting 40+ HR's, 120+ Runs and RBI, .330/.400/.600, and if he keeps it up like last year, he could be a decent threat on the bases, throwing up good rates. Still, he is only a 1Bman, and is not the greatest defensive one at that, but he has time to work on that, and if he keeps up his hitting, who cares? Not me.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand, yes, Pujols will most likely win a HR title in his career, and quite possibly several (along with possible triple crowns, MVP's, batting and slugging titles, etc...)

Comment

If Pujols is healthy, he has a great chance.:gt
              GOT ALBERT?
              St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
              http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

335 feet to both foul poles. 375 power alleys. 400 feet to center field. He could hit 50+, but probably hurt his average 15-20 points doing so.

Field dimensions/seating chart..........

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NAS...ng_pricing.jsp

Pujols is the greatest young hitter in the HISTORY of Major League Baseball. He averages plenty of dingers each year with a batting average way over .300, AND has 35+ Homers, 100+RBI's and 100+runs every year. No player has done this in his first three seasons in the big leagues. Not Ruth, not Aaron, not Mays, not Williams, not DiMaggio or A-ROD or Stan The Man.

The Great Pujols has done it five years in a row.

I'm convnced he is an alien, no one is this good. I don't have to tell people on this board to tune it to Cards games but do what you can to watch him, you are seeing one of the all time greats in his infancy. After A ROD breaks Aaron's record of 755 HR's... Pujols will be right behind him if healthy. Just watch....If you don't have a TV, go to the electronic stores and watch one of theirs. If you don't have an electronic store, then steal your neighbors TV so you can watch Albert hit.... He11... his career slugging average after five years is .621. Ted Williams, who many consider to be the best hitter of all time, was .634 for his entire career.

The biggest competition for the HR title will be Ortiz, imo. Left field at Yankee Stadium is ridiculous, and hurts AROD's ability to go 50+ each year. Ortiz has Pesky's Pole to aim at, and pulls the ball so well.

That said, Pujols has gone 37 HR's as a rookie, then 34, 43, 46 and 41. If he is 10-1 or more... put some money on him. Youneverknow.
                Last edited by StanTheMan; 02-11-2006, 10:26 AM.
                "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X