No KMOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No KMOX

Do you think the Cardinal's radio broadcast swich was good? I think I'll miss it on 1120AM:radio
    GOT ALBERT?
    St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
    http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

I think it is a bad move... very bad. That said, I can't say I'm completely up to date on the reasons for the move, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. I have not bought a car from "Charlie Londoff Cheverolet," eaten an IMO'S pizza, or supported any other KMOX sponsors in a long time. I no longer live in St. Louis.........

But on the other hand, I live in the Indianapolis area. I tune (rather TUNED) into KMOX every night (can't get it in the day) that I am in the car and the Cards have a game. The strength of the signal, in my opinion, was one of the top few reasons for the size and strength of "Cardinal Nation". Especially how the team was able to grow fans in the 50's, 60's and 70's

In this day and age, with so much baseball on TV and satellite TV, the internet, ETC, the radio broadcast is probably not that important, but I will still miss hearing KMOX.... and specifically the one beer vendor who seemed to work the area under the broadcast booth every two innings or so. His call was "HEYYYYYYYYY!!!! BUD LIGHT!!!!!!!!!" I can hear him now.

Whoever you are... I'll miss you.
    "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Hey Chris its gary i registered. Yea i agree i loved 1120. Horrible move!
      Last edited by gashouse38; 02-12-2006, 05:07 PM. Reason: mis-spell

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X