X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The St. Louis Cardinals Photo Thread

Welcome!!

Some of the very best threads (and some of my personal favorites) on Baseball Fever are the photo threads. The History Forum, the Ballpark and Green Diamonds Forum, the Teams of Yesteryear.....

BBF needs a St. Louis Cardinals Photo Thread! So here it is. Feel free to post any Cardinal related photo that you would like, although I think personal photos of you at the game are best posted elsewhere..... lets keep this a historical record of the Cards.

I'm envisioning page after page after page of great Cardinal moments and players captured forever... as well as the ballpark(s), the statues, the beer, anything and everything Cardinals! ----- and perhaps a "sticky" someday?

We'll rely on our forum Mods to delete any photos that don't fit the criteria... That means you... Cub Fans!

So then.... Share Your Cards Photos! Scour the net for the new and the interesting! Celebrate the most historic and successful team in the National League!
    Last edited by StanTheMan; 01-22-2008, 07:23 PM.
    "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

And without a doubt... there is only one place to start... with Stanley Frank Musial.

Stan Musial.jpg

Stan Musial B and W.jpg

Musial at Night - New Busch.jpg

Musial HOF Plaque.jpg

Musial Statue -Street Shot.jpg
    "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Another player who needs no introduction...... and my favorite player when I was a kid. My last name is also Smith, and I still find my greatest failure in life to NOT have convinced my wife to name either of our two sons OZZIE... not even as a middle name!!! Oh the shame!!! h It would have been SO freaking cool.

The famous backflip....

Ozzie Flip.jpg

Turning two in the 1982 Word Series. I'm pretty sure that's fellow HOF'er Robin Yount...

Ozzie 1982 World Series DP.jpg

GO CRAZY FOLKS -- GO CRAZY!!! (email me at [email protected] if you want the mp3 of Jack Buck's call!)

Ozzie HR in 85 NLCS.bmp

Freaking Ridiculous....

Ozzie Paralell.jpg

Got to love those blue unis!!!!

Ozzie - Blue Unis.jpg

Comment

Ozzie's HOF plaque

Ozzie Plaque.jpg

Comment

"The Lord was good to me... he gave me a strong body, a good right arm, and a weak mind" -- Jay Hanna "Dizzy" Dean.

Dizzy Dean.jpg

Led the NL in K's 4 consecutive years, 20 wins 4 years straight (one of them a 30-11 season)

Comment

Bob Gibson... he of the 1.12 ERA for a full season, he of 255 Complete Games, he of 3,000+ Strikeouts.... and the most unbreakable record of all....

Seven CONSECUTIVE victories in World Series Play.... and ALL of them were complete games.

Was there ever any doubt that he threw every pitch 110% when you saw THAT kind of a follow through?

Gibby Follow Through.jpg

Gibson at the legendary Polo Grounds. I think this was one of just three times he smiled that season, lol.

Gibby at PG.jpg

Comment

Jack Clark.. the unibrow slugger.

Jack Clark - Unibrow.jpg

Fan Favorite Willie McGee swipes second. I think he lost his helmet on EVERY stolen base...

Willie McGee Stolen Base.jpg

Comment

I'm going to miss this guy.....

edmonds catch.jpg

And who can forget the HR in the 12th inning to win Game 6 of the 2006 NLCS. Do we even make the WS without it?

Edmonds HR.bmp

Edmonds HR 2.bmp

Edmonds HR 3.jpg

Comment

deletd post.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

HOF'er Red Shoendinst and Albert Pujols' young son, A.J.

AJ and Red.jpg

Albert and AJ in the cage

2 Pujols'.jpg

Comment

Time to go crazy with photos...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sportsman's Park

Not sure of the date on this one..... I'll guess 30's.

SP old.jpg

Ruth once hit one to right field, over the roof, and it broke a window of a shop ACROSS the street from the park.

SP aerial.jpg

More recent, note the Bud Scoreboard

SP night scoreboard.jpg

Comment

Simply beautiful....

WS Players Ring.jpg

Comment

This one will be WAY too big, and it will cause you problems, but I'm not going to bother to resize it... sue me! If you've ever been to New Busch, you know that there is usually a 8 -10 foot wide walkway under the lighted sign reading World Series Champs.

But it is now full of people, as the Cards threw open the gates after the final out of the 2006 Series, and the park that holds, what 44,000 people, suddenly held 60,000 or so?

There were people EVERYWHERE. It was great. I took this photo from my spot in the left field bleachers.... yep, I was there.

PA270252.JPG

Comment

A little banner good for signature lines and such......

Cards Retired Numbers.jpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X