Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlie Latham, The Freshest Man On Earth.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Tommy McCarthy
      Attached Files

Comment

• Tip O'Neill
        Attached Files

Comment

• Curt Welch
          Attached Files

Comment

• Silent George..... One of the Cards few consistent HR threats in the 80's. Some of the hardest hit HR's I've ever witnessed were hit by this guy. He rarely hit tape measure shots, but rather line drives that certainly made some type of sizzling noise as they shot into the bleachers. My Dad used to call his HR's "Frozen Ropes."

Hendrick.jpg

The on field Celebration from 1982. I have an uncle out there.. and a few aunts. One of whom got me some pitchers mound dirt. Yep.... still have it!

1982Celebration.jpg
            "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

• The three photos below are the album covers (yes... LP Albums!) released by the Cardinals in 1982, 1967 and 1964. I have EACH of them in mp3 format. They are far too large to send via email, but if you are interested, PM me and we can work something out....

Celebration 1982.jpg StL Cards 1967.jpg StL Cards 1964.jpg

Play by play, highlights from the season, etc... GREAT stuff.
              "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

• Kid Gleason, who managed the 1919 Chicago White Sox, played with the Browns from 1892-1894.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Another Tommy McCarthy picture that I forgot I had.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• A few thousand of the best baseball fans in America.....

Busch Full.jpg

Two great shots of the foul pole, circa 2005, with fan's messages scrawled on it.....

Busch Foul Pole Graffiti.jpg Busch Foul Pole Graffiti 2.jpg

Comment

• Jack O'Connor played with the Perfectos in 1899 and the Cardinals in 1900. This photo is from 1906 when he was with the AL Browns.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• In a letter to Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn, Curt Flood demanded that the commissioner declare him a free agent:

December 24, 1969
                        After twelve years in the major leagues, I do not feel I am a piece of property to be bought and sold irrespective of my wishes. I believe that any system which produces that result violates my basic rights as a citizen and is inconsistent with the laws of the United States and of the several States.
                        It is my desire to play baseball in 1970, and I am capable of playing. I have received a contract offer from the Philadelphia club, but I believe I have the right to consider offers from other clubs before making any decision. I, therefore, request that you make known to all Major League clubs my feelings in this matter, and advise them of my availability for the 1970 season.

Curt Flood.jpg

Comment

• Jake Beckley played with the Cardinals from 1904-1907. This picture is from 1906.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hub.... a nice mix of the old and the more modern we've got going here!

STL Post D - Yes.jpg

si1982-10-25.jpg SI-WIZ.jpg

Comment

• Hornsby from 1926.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I almost posted that SI cover from the 82 series. Here's a nice SI cover of Pujols from 2006.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X