Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting picture of Jack Smith from 1918. Check out the uniform-no birds on the bat. In the Beckley photo from 1906 that I posted earlier, the uniform just had "St. Louis" across the chest. Guess I'll have to check Dressed to the Nines and see when they went to the birds on the bat.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hubkittel; 02-01-2008, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• About as close as you can get to the retired numbers in right field at Busch II.....

Retired Numbers.JPG
      "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

• Just checked. The birds on the bat first appeared on the Cardinals uniform in 1922. Starting in 1928, the birds on the bat have been a continuous part of the uniform except during the 1956 season.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
          About as close as you can get to the retired numbers in right field at Busch II.....
          I think I had seats up there once, back before they remodled the stadium and put in the retired numbers and what not. I have literally sat in the first row and top row of that stadium.

Comment

• I took this photo in 2005 before a day game against the Brewers....

STM Statue.jpg

I generally distain altered digital photos, but this somehow is interesting... I've flipped it, and the most iconic left-handed hitter in Cardinal history is now....a RIGHTY!

STM Righty.jpg
            "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

• Originally posted by hubkittel View Post
              I think I had seats up there once, back before they remodled the stadium and put in the retired numbers and what not. I have literally sat in the first row and top row of that stadium.
              My seats the day before were here.....

Box Seats.jpg

MUCH better! When you sat down near the field, Busch II became a very "vertical" place, especially with the closed in outfield. It was a tall stadium, or at least felt like it.

Comment

• A view of the Arch and Right Field Bleachers... from the summer of 06.

Comment

• Pete Alexander.... One of the best righthanders of All Time.

Pete Alexander.jpg

Comment

• Hey Stan the Man, can you blow up that picture a little bit? I can barely see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
                      Hey Stan the Man, can you blow up that picture a little bit? I can barely see it.

This one?

Molina - HR NLCS.jpg

Sorry.... Couldn't resist!

Comment

• Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
                        This one?
                        Oh God, that was funny. I'm still wiping the tears out of my eyes. But I think he might have meant this picture:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• He'll probably be a little pizzed off that I posted that... after all he was just pointing out a few photos of mine that I did not resize properly..... But hey, it's all in good fun.

But while we're on the topic, don't forget this guy, who hit a huge home run the night before..... so, so clutch... So, So, Taguchi!

taguchi NLCS HR.jpg

06 Pennant Winner.jpg 06 Pennant Winner 2.jpg

Comment

• I was actually at Game 2, please don't remind me.

Comment

• Homer Smoot 1905
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Hall of Famer Kid Nichols 1905
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X