Go Cards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Cards!

I have seen what all the magazines say, all the TV networks predict and many other baseball experts assume. Nobody out there is giving the cardinals any love. I have seen many 4th, 5th, and 6th place finishes and ya know what, maybe they are right. But I being a die-hard cards fan (and yes biased) believe the cards can, and will contend for 1st or at least the wild card. I know its a long shot. Injuries, experience, and overall talent are all concerns for this team (or so ive heard) but I believe that this team is better than they are given credit for. Im not a believer in that spring training can predict what happens in the regular season, dont get me wrong, but the amazing preformances i saw out of so many of the players just blows me away. The upside of Ankiel, Duncan, Schumacker, ludwick, Barton could be amazing and even if one of them dosent preform as expected one of the others could jump in take that spot not to mention the propects(mather, Rasmus)that could also contend. The bullpen looks to be just as dependable as it has been the past 4 years. Glaus looks healthy, Pujols, at least for now, appears healthy (he had a phenominal spring). The staff of wainwright, lohse, thompson, wellemeyer, looper looks shaky but I think that is a little bit of a mirage...wainwright, thompson, and wellemeyer are consistent while looper and lohse can be very good at times. Plus we have many other backup candiates if any of them struggle not to mention alll the other pitchers who are coming back from injury.

I know this is a bold prediction and will be heavily critzized but I am an optimist and nobody else will give them love...so why not I? We all love the cardinals, so maybe I can give hope to my fellow fans...We all want them to win am I right?

(I just watched Skip Bayliss from 2nd take on espn pick the cards to win the division!)
    Last edited by Senior skittles; 03-28-2008, 10:01 AM.
    Our future.....Colby Rasmus.....Im his biggest fan!!!

I love to hear that enthusiasm. I am excited about this season and do not think it will be as dire as most have predicted. I think they will contend for awhile and will finish above .500.

I can't wait until Mon !!! Opening Day i will be there for my 22nd straight home opener, every one since the '87 opener.

Comment

they are rockin it at 11-4....not bad at all!!!
      Our future.....Colby Rasmus.....Im his biggest fan!!!

Comment

cards deserving

what else do the cards have to do to get the love. I guess we have to wait until september

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X