replied
    Team------W--L---PCT-GB
    St. Louis---81-76-.516
    Houston----81-78-.509-1.0
    Cincinnati--78-80-.494-3.5
    Milwaukee--73-85-.462-8.5
    Chi Cubs----65-94-.409-17.0
    Pittsburgh---65-94-.409-17.0
    Last edited by Gashouse6; 09-28-2006, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tonjes
    replied
    ok, i'll get right on that.

Leave a comment:

• BaylorDan
    replied
    The "sticky" should be removed from threads that have not had activity for several weeks and allowed to rise on their own.

Leave a comment:

• tonjes
    replied
    standings updated as of 5/20/2006...

wow, i didn't realize that our record was so solid. we're 8-2 in our last 10, which isn't too shabby. i'm still waiting for this team to take off and dominate though. we could be scary good again if our starting pitching starts to dominate...

oh, the cubbies have lost 17 of their last 21 games and appear to be more concerned about retaliating against everyone's favorite jackass, a.j. pierzynski, than they do with playing fundamental baseball and winning games. i'm not counting them out yet though. wood is back, prior will return soon, and derrek lee isn't far behind. those three are all superstar caliber players, and will give the team a huge boost...

btw, the word on the street is that ernie banks and ryne sandberg are talking about making comebacks too, which would easily give the cubbies the best infield in baseball...

Leave a comment:

• TheKingofKings
    replied
    Originally posted by Sberl
    Some thoughts: I don't think Reds' pitching will hold up all season, the only one who can give them a quality start everytime he's on the mound it's Arroyo. Will be hard dealing with Astros and Cubs; Houston has a good rotation and a better start than last year. Cubs are a good team, improved in every aspect of the game; if they can get Prior and Wood at top, they are serious candidates for the division
    Now they aren't due to Lee's injury .

Leave a comment:

• Sberl
    replied
    Some thoughts: I don't think Reds' pitching will hold up all season, the only one who can give them a quality start everytime he's on the mound it's Arroyo. Will be hard dealing with Astros and Cubs; Houston has a good rotation and a better start than last year. Cubs are a good team, improved in every aspect of the game; if they can get Prior and Wood at top, they are serious candidates for the division

Leave a comment:

• Sberl
    replied
    The division is balanced, the Brewers, after a good start, fell under .500 mark

Leave a comment:

• Solair Wright
    replied
    Originally posted by otis89
    The Cubs are 4-0 in games not started by Glendon Rusch. Get rid of him and call up Angel Guzman now.
    Or magically get Prior or Wood back.

Leave a comment:

• otis89
    replied
    The Cubs are 4-0 in games not started by Glendon Rusch. Get rid of him and call up Angel Guzman now.

Leave a comment:

• The Dude
    replied
    As predicted, the Central is already a huge race.

Sheets is supposed to be back this sunday to pitch against the mets, as I believe he comes off the 15-day DL on saturday. If he can start 30 games this year, I will be extremely happy as Capuano and Davis are both quality No.2 starters, but Sheets is the only one whose proven he's the ace of the staff.

I personally think the Astros are overrated and it's going to be a race between the Cards, Cubs, and Brewers.

But hey, as long as the Brewers finish about the Cubs like last season, I'll be happy.

Leave a comment:

• Sberl
    replied
    Cinci is destroying Chicago, thanks to a very good outing by Arroyo. He also hit is second hr of the season!

Leave a comment:

• Sberl
    replied
    Updated the first post....I think tomorrow I will also write PCT and GB, thanks for hint Gashouse6

Leave a comment:

• Gashouse6
    replied
    It's about time those Brewers lost. They're going to lose again today.

Team W L PCT GB
    Milwaukee 5 1 .833 -
    Chi Cubs 4 1 .800 0.5
    Houston 5 2 .714 0.5
    Cincinnati 4 2 .667 1.0
    St. Louis 3 3 .500 2.0
    Pittsburgh 1 7 .125 5.0

Leave a comment:

• RBi
    replied
    ok ok...
    I just posted that brewer comment to test out how the order of "sticky" threads work..

in my work, I realized that the order of them change to the order of post made. (recent on top)

So now we just sit here and wait to see the brewer fans remind me that their record was better than the Cubs after game #162 last year...

Leave a comment:

• otis89
    replied
    Originally posted by CubsHub
    This marks the latest the Brewers have been in first since the Carter Administration.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the Brewers started last season 5-0.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X