1905 St. Louis Cardinal Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1905 St. Louis Cardinal Team

Can anyone recommend a source to find a team photo of the 1905 Cardinals? I recently found out one of my relatives played on that team before moving on to the Reds. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1905 st. louis cardinals photo

this isn't a group photo, but it should help you out...

http://www.thedeadballera.com/TeamPh...5Cardinals.jpg

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the posting. The player I am looking for was a pitcher by the name of Billy Campbell. This is a great posting.

Comment

i'm sure this is the billy campbell that you're looking for.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/campbbi01.shtml

he appeared in only 2 games for the 1905 red birds. this makes sense why he isn't pictured in the team photo.

Comment

Yeah, I seem to be having better luck with the Reds items. He played for Cinci from 1907-1909. thanks.

Comment

The Hall of Fame has a huge collection of old photographs... you may want to try them. After I was fortunate enough to attend consecutive games # 2030 and # 2131 (Cal Ripken) I contacted them about photos of Lou Gherig... the replied that they had hundreds and hundreds of them, and sent a catalog.

They of course sell reproductions.

Hall of Famers certainly had more photos of them available than your family member, but it is worth a shot. I would think they would have the team photos as well.

Good luck.
            "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. I will give it a try.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X