Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Isringhausen - bad pitching + bad control = ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Isringhausen - bad pitching + bad control = ?

You know, Isringhausen hasn't been himself this year. His control is off-hand, pitching sometimes go out of hand, and now I'm getting worried. This is his second loss this year, and now he needs to shape up or ship out.

Either he needs to stop relying on his "trusty pitch" and/or listen to Dave Duncan for once. And I think his days as a closer may be over. Remember when he used to be a starter? I sure do.

So now I ask, who should the closer be? (Mariano Rivera never loses 2 games until later on in the season)
    Keep Izzy
    63.64%
    Adam Wainright
    18.18%
    Josh Hancock
    9.09%
    Randy Flores
    0.00%
    Ricardo Rincon
    9.09%
    Braden Looper
    0.00%
    Brad Thompson
    0.00%

If "bump in the road" is on the far left, and "beginning of the end" in on the far right....

I am "left of center" for the first time in my life.

Keep Izzy..... for now.....

Bryan in Indy
    "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

If he keeps throwing Caballo home run pitches, I say keep him.

In all seriousness, I say give him a few more weeks to work the kinks off. Maybe spring training wasn't long enough for him this year or maybe he's just getting back into the baseball habbit, who knows. But I don't think 1-2 weeks is really enough to determine wether or not he'll be good the rest of the season.
      AL East Champions: 1981 1982
      AL Pennant: 1982
      NL Central Champions: 2011
      NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Solair Wright
        (Mariano Rivera never loses 2 games until later on in the season)
        Wasn't that the opposite of how he was last year? I thought he started off very shakey and then tore it up the rest of the way...
        "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
        ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Give him some time, we're only in april! He had two bad outings (yesterday and against the Cubs on sunday) and one not so good (first game with Brewers), but it's too early to scratch him from closer role.

Comment

keep izzy

I say give him some time like the rest of the team needs, he'll get in the grove again, and look out, he will be smoking hot.

He needs to quit being so hard on himself! I hear he reads the stuff on the internet and listens to what is said about him on tv.

So if you're reading this IZZY lighten up and have faith in your self.

Not all fans are so easily swayed!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X