Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 St Louis Cardinals Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2010 St Louis Cardinals Season

    Discuss the Cards season here....

    First at-bat of 2010...HR Albert Pujols.....the first of many, many more you feel
    MySpace Codes

  • #2
    Don't think I have ever seen Carpenter have an inning like that....2 homers, back to back singles....not good.
    MySpace Codes

    Comment


    • #3
      Another Pujols HR....wow
      MySpace Codes

      Comment


      • #4
        Yadier Molina grand slam takes the score to 11-4 in the top of the 9th inning
        MySpace Codes

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by stejay View Post
          Don't think I have ever seen Carpenter have an inning like that....2 homers, back to back singles....not good.
          The Votto homerun was on a very good down and away pitch. No worries with Carp. He thre strikes, walked nobody, and gave up 2 homeruns on a day the wind was blwoing out like crazy (Pujols' 2nd and Molina's GS were wind aided).
          1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

          1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

          1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


          The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
          The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

          Comment


          • #6
            nice start. albert of course as amazing after having a rough start this ST. If rasmus and freese can make a step up(esp. plate discipline) this offense will be very tough. albert and matt need some support and those guys could give it to them. skip and ryan are an ok leadoff combo I think. Of course we should not overvalue this hitting today because the reds starter didn't have good command today-

            carp had a little rough outing but I guess it's no reason to worry. I didn't like franklins outing, hope this was just a bad day.
            I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

            Comment


            • #7
              very impressed with Rasmus yesterday I must say
              MySpace Codes

              Comment


              • #8
                Does anyone else think that motte sucks?
                Yes he throws nearly 100 mph but that's about it. His fastball is his only pitch(at least the only one he masters), he has little control and got hammered around in 2 consecutive games.
                How can a pitcher with only one pitch and not even able to control it(tons of balls and pitches over the plate) play at MLB level?

                Does he have potential(I shouldn't read too much into those two bad outings but it's obvious that he has control problems and lacks variety an finesse) or is he just a flamethrower?
                I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dominik View Post
                  Does anyone else think that motte sucks?
                  Yes he throws nearly 100 mph but that's about it. His fastball is his only pitch(at least the only one he masters), he has little control and got hammered around in 2 consecutive games.
                  How can a pitcher with only one pitch and not even able to control it(tons of balls and pitches over the plate) play at MLB level?

                  Does he have potential(I shouldn't read too much into those two bad outings but it's obvious that he has control problems and lacks variety an finesse) or is he just a flamethrower?
                  Everybody thinks Motte sucks. Well, except for LaRussa and Duncan. You are right - no movement, no breaking ball. And the only thing he has going for him (99MPH fastball) is usualy thrown 93-94 because it is the only way he can throw strikes with it. He needs to develop a quality 2nd pitch fast or he will be a bust.
                  1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                  1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                  1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                  The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                  The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yeah that's how I see it. I thought I was overreacting a little because I was pissed by that walk of which is a thing that can happen to anyone.
                    But his control and his one pitch only style(I heard he did develope a slider- but he can't throw it anywhere near the strike zone) is a real problem. Of course his velocity is shiny but that's not everything like we saw yesterday with arroyo who shut down our offense with his high 80s FB.

                    But then again duncan did a great job the last years so I hope he can make the right decisions.

                    I think the 2nd pitch is important but even more important is that he has controll. there where some one pitch pitchers who had great succes(w. johnson, wakefield, mariano) but you can't succeed if your fastball is all over the place. if hee would be able to paint the corners consistently instead of basically having no controll he would be successfull even with one pitch.

                    priority no.1 is developing controll after that he can develope his slider. But if you can't locate your fastball you can't pitch. it's that simple.
                    Last edited by dominik; 04-09-2010, 03:21 PM.
                    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dominik View Post
                      yeah that's how I see it. I thought I was overreacting a little because I was pissed by that walk of which is a thing that can happen to anyone.
                      But his control and his one pitch only style(I heard he did develope a slider- but he can't throw it anywhere near the strike zone) is a real problem. Of course his velocity is shiny but that's not everything like we saw yesterday with arroyo who shut down our offense with his high 80s FB.

                      But then again duncan did a great job the last years so I hope he can make the right decisions.

                      I think the 2nd pitch is important but even more important is that he has controll. there where some one pitch pitchers who had great succes(w. johnson, wakefield, mariano) but you can't succeed if your fastball is all over the place. if hee would be able to paint the corners consistently instead of basically having no controll he would be successfull even with one pitch.

                      priority no.1 is developing controll after that he can develope his slider. But if you can't locate your fastball you can't pitch. it's that simple.
                      The weird thing is, through his first 40 regular season/preseason appearances, he only walked a couple of batters while throwing 99 MPH. Now he is throwing 92-95 and walking people.
                      1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                      1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                      1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                      The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                      The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by STLCards2 View Post
                        The weird thing is, through his first 40 regular season/preseason appearances, he only walked a couple of batters while throwing 99 MPH. Now he is throwing 92-95 and walking people.
                        Maybe he is holding back in trying for more control. but sometimes holding back can mess up rythm and timing and thus causing problems. could be a mental problem of thinking too much(or just bad technique don't know?). I don't think this is an injury problem because he still got a few to 97-98 miles on his first appearence.

                        I really like what I see with rasmus this year. He had basically no walks last year, but noow he seems very patient. gets deep in the count often and draws quite some walks. Do you also like that and do you think this was Mcgwires work(who did also walk a ton?
                        Last edited by dominik; 04-09-2010, 05:34 PM.
                        I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dominik View Post
                          Maybe he is holding back in trying for more control. but sometimes holding back can mess up rythm and timing and thus causing problems. could be a mental problem of thinking too much(or just bad technique don't know?). I don't think this is an injury problem because he still got a few to 97-98 miles on his first appearence.

                          I really like what I see with rasmus this year. He had basically no walks last year, but noow he seems very patient. gets deep in the count often and draws quite some walks. Do you also like that and do you think this was Mcgwires work(who did also walk a ton?
                          He had been a high walk guy his whole pre-pro career, which made last year very strange. No way to tell if McGwire has anything to do with it or not. but what is up with Ludwick so far? He couldn't get out in Spring and now looks like me trying to hit up there.
                          1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                          1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                          1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                          The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                          The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Great game tonight! Loshe was serviceable, bullpen great, Holliday earning his paycheck, and Nick the Stick with the big shot off of Hoffman! No shirts untucked tonight!
                            1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                            1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                            1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                            The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                            The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Is carp having problems? He seems to get hit quite a bit in his first 2 games. the other starters look good so far I think but we need a strong carp.

                              But the season is young and he just might need some fine tuning with his location.
                              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X