Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marquis a disappointing pitcher as of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Marquis a disappointing pitcher as of late?

I haven't seen much from him, other than his so called trusty fastball, which is ending his games so quickly. He used to be a good pitcher in 2004, but in 2005, a whole different story occurred. Home runs, base hits and walks happened more often than usual.

What's his story? Got news for you, Marquis: the fastball doesn't deceive batters as you imagine. This doesn't have to do with Dave Duncan, as he's the one giving information to Marquis on pitching. (and he's trying to help for goodness sake!) He's not listening to a thing what Duncan says, ending up in blowouts and a big fat red L for loss next to his stats.

I hope he improves. Cy Young dreams are a long distance away from him.

Marquis

He is tonight! Got a nice swing though!

Comment

Well, all pitchers slump eventually, and I count on Billy Traber (who is he?) to lose. Tomorrow is a definate pitcher's ace duel: Carpenter vs. Livan Hernandez. Expect extra innings...

Comment

Nats at Cards

You're right about slumps. It's such a mental game. Livan Hernandez is pitching horribly and I think he's healthy. He's allowed 9 homeruns in 32 Innings so far. That Pujols guy might take him deep. I just saw him hit his 13th. Amazing. You won't beat Billy Traber tomorrow. We already sent him back down. He pitched one good game and one bad. We have a ton of injured pitchers. I think Zach Day will start. We just picked him up after the Rockies released him. He was an Expo but was traded early last year. Hopefully we'll see a few good games. Your team is very tough though!

Originally posted by Solair Wright
        Well, all pitchers slump eventually, and I count on Billy Traber (who is he?) to lose. Tomorrow is a definate pitcher's ace duel: Carpenter vs. Livan Hernandez. Expect extra innings...

Comment

Trade him.......

I am deperately hoping either Marquis or Suppan gets a few wins in a hurry, so that we can trade either one for a decent outfielder. Wainwright or Reyes (or both) can slot into the rotation.

I'll take my chances with those two, if we can get a decent outfielder for Suppan or Marquis... and hopefully the guy can hit #2 as well.

An Aubrey Huff type? Not sure how old he is... but somebody who can defend, hit for average and a bit of pop. I like Huff's versatility as well.

Geoff Jenkins, Brady Clark... one of those second tier guys. I'd love to have a big power guy like Jermaine Dye, but the White Sox certainly don't need Marquis or Suppan.

Jason or Jeff.... Get some wins so we can get rid of you please!!!!!

Bryan in Indy.
          "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

I think we're just going to get used to Marquis being a "streaky" pitcher...really good for a few outings...and then all messed up for the next few. Right now he's the 5th best hitter the Cards have (after Phat Albert, Rolen, Eck, and Rodriguez). That's enough to keep him around.:o

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X