Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't we fire Hal McRae (hitting coach)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't we fire Hal McRae (hitting coach)?

He is hands down, the worst hitting coach on the face on the earth. He can't even have other hitters hit the long ball for a base hit. We struggle in hits, and I hope Tony La Russa gives him the pink slip for his atrocious performance this year. He didn't do much for Philadelphia when he was their hitting coach, but somehow La Russa is keeping him, eventually causing the first sub .500 season since 1999.

Of course Albert Pujols is the center of attention, how about improving Encarnicion's swings, Edmonds' high K rate or other hitter's chances for base hits? Has anyone been mad at McRae's terrible tenure as the hitting coach? We have really struggled with fastballs, but we need to fix that. I'm starting to pray for McRae to get axed from the Cardinals organization. Even if we had Wade Boggs or Gary Carter as a hitting coach, we'd still have 0-for days, and all that. We're not only looking for good pitching, but also good offense.

You are a clueless clown, hands down.

Comment

I'm not clueless. Remember him with Philly in 2000?

Comment

Originally posted by Solair Wright
        He is hands down, the worst hitting coach on the face on the earth. He can't even have other hitters hit the long ball for a base hit. We struggle in hits, and I hope Tony La Russa gives him the pink slip for his atrocious performance this year. He didn't do much for Philadelphia when he was their hitting coach, but somehow La Russa is keeping him, eventually causing the first sub .500 season since 1999.

Of course Albert Pujols is the center of attention, how about improving Encarnicion's swings, Edmonds' high K rate or other hitter's chances for base hits? Has anyone been mad at McRae's terrible tenure as the hitting coach? We have really struggled with fastballs, but we need to fix that. I'm starting to pray for McRae to get axed from the Cardinals organization. Even if we had Wade Boggs or Gary Carter as a hitting coach, we'd still have 0-for days, and all that. We're not only looking for good pitching, but also good offense.

LOL..do you actually think any pro is going to change for a hitting coach?I'm sure they basically yes them to death take a few cuts the hitting coaches way,,,and when they walk away go back to their swing that got them there to begin with..

Comment

Why would a Mets fan care about the Cards hitting, anyway?

Just wondering.
          Complaints, insults and nit-picking.
          I'm done.

Comment

Charlie Lau

LOL..do you actually think any pro is going to change for a hitting coach?I'm sure they basically yes them to death take a few cuts the hitting coaches way,,,and when they walk away go back to their swing that got them there to begin with..
            Charlie Lau had a huge impact upon George Brett . . . and Hal McRae. Without Lau, Brett would never have come close to hitting .300, nor McRae. Any batter out there who thinks he knows it all and sticks to the same swing that got him to the Bigs . . . is out of the bigs quickly.

The Royals have some possibly great talent, but you would never know it because our hitting coach . . . amongst other things, sucks.

Comment

Any batter out there who thinks he knows it all and sticks to the same swing that got him to the Bigs . . . is out of the bigs quickly.

lol...these guys are hybrid athletes..ken griffy barry manny have natural gifts and swings that have been ingrained in them since youth..think whatever you want....if that were the case everybody on every team would be a clone of their hitting coach..Its a show baby.

lau has ruined more hitters,,just ask stan or was it ted,,either way ..lol
              Last edited by wogdoggy; 05-22-2006, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X