Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holliday: Most underrated player in the league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    The Most Underrated Player in the League title should go to Jered Weaver.

He's made 152 big league starts and he has a 3.44 ERA and 1.187 WHIP.

Since he entered the league in 2006. Only 11 starting pitchers have an ERA under 3.5 and a WHIP under 1.2 and he's one of them. He also has a .631 W/L percentage for what it's worth.

Yet I hardly ever hear him mentioned in the conversation of best pitchers.
    Josh Johnson...some say the best pitcher in the NL since the beginning of last year. 29-12 on a .500 team since the beginning of 2009 with a SICK ERA. Some say he's got more talent than Halladay...

Comment

Since Matt Holliday entered MLB in 2004, he is 6th in wOBA, behind Pujols, Manny, A-Rod, Ortiz and Berkman. He's one point behind Berkman and Ortiz, a point ahead of Miggy Cabrera, and three points better than Braun, who is almost universally considered better and who is not only not as good a hitter but a far worse defensive LF. Holliday is one of the six best hitters in baseball and has been for most of a decade. Any recognition for Holliday short of that is the dictionary definition of 'underrated,' and I don't think that's the level of attention, appreciation, or respect Holliday gets, whether it's from ESPN or even the midwestern media, where he lives in a pretty big shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by csh19792001 View Post
        That's all I was saying, Edgar. On a national scale, he's extremely overlooked.
        Let's say you are right about this. So what?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X