Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Cardinals Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nice to see JHey playing so well. And his fielding has been unreal the past several weeks.

    Joe Kelly demoted to AAA today, joining Allen Craig. While John Lackey is pitching like a very good #3 starter while being payed peanuts. What an absolute fleece-job that was.
    1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

    1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

    1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


    The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
    The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
      Nice to see JHey playing so well. And his fielding has been unreal the past several weeks.

      Joe Kelly demoted to AAA today, joining Allen Craig. While John Lackey is pitching like a very good #3 starter while being payed peanuts. What an absolute fleece-job that was.
      Shhh. Teams will catch on. Soon, we won't be able to flip a Bottenfield, Kelly or Pineiro anymore.
      "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
        Shhh. Teams will catch on. Soon, we won't be able to flip a Bottenfield, Kelly or Pineiro anymore.
        Oh man, the Angels have gotten it the worst. Let's not forget getting two potnetial starting CF for David Freese.

        I know people will bring-up Heyward and Miller. Miller's peripherals are not great and he is due for big regression. I am not sold that the trade was a bad one, but I will concede that it could be - esp. if Heyward does not sign here. Either way, you can't win them all. But the Birds win most of them.

        But it is no secret. Its just that there are a few teams out there (D-backs, White Sox, Marlins, Phillies, Angels) that are so behind the times (which is one thing) - but arrogantly don't care. The Cubs, Mets, and a few other were like this until recently.
        Last edited by Bothrops Atrox; 06-26-2015, 09:43 PM.
        1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

        1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

        1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


        The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
        The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
          Oh man, the Angels have gotten it the worst. Let's not forget getting two potnetial starting CF for David Freese.

          I know people will bring-up Heyward and Miller. Miller's peripherals are not great and he is due for big regression. I am not sold that the trade was a bad one, but I will concede that it could be - esp. if Heyward does not sign here. Either way, you can't win them all. But the Birds win most of them.

          But it is no secret. Its just that there are a few teams out there (D-backs, White Sox, Marlins, Phillies, Angels) that are so behind the times (which is one thing) - but arrogantly don't care. The Cubs, Mets, and a few other were like this until recently.
          I like the Shelby-Heyward trade. I miss Shelby, because I liked him when he came through Round Rock with the Redbirds. But, I really like Heyward, and he has been hitting a lot better lately. I think Jason will stay. Many guys have come here, had success, and fell in love with the joint. It is a great place to be, and a damn good chance of being in the thick of things in October -- which is always a draw for players. If we don't get ridiculously outbid, or if Mo doesn't have other plans, I think Heyward will stick around.
          "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

          Comment


          • If they keep playing like this, we may start to believe we can win a World Series without contributions from Waino and Holliday. Oh wait. . .
            "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

            Comment


            • Do the Cardinals plan to extend Heyward or let him walk to free agency?
              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
                If they keep playing like this, we may start to believe we can win a World Series without contributions from Waino and Holliday. Oh wait. . .
                Well, check Holliday's 2011 NLCS. Also had a huge outfield assist and a broken-up DP that led to a big inning in the Albert game.
                1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                Comment


                • I am sure they plan to. If the price is right.
                  1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                  1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                  1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                  The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                  The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
                    Well, check Holliday's 2011 NLCS. Also had a huge outfield assist and a broken-up DP that led to a big inning in the Albert game.
                    That NLCS was a slug fest. Crazy. I remember watching the beginning of each game, and then having to go do something else for a little while. I think Carp was our only starter that was able to hang around long enough to record a W. I thought our bullpen was going to blow up during that series with all the innings they were chewing up.
                    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

                    Comment


                    • Nice ending to a tight game last night. Good job Birds!
                      "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

                      Comment


                      • Worst back-to-back games since that debacle in Coors back in 2010. The blowout we were all expecting coming into tonight would have been so much easier to take than another gut-punch.

                        Thankfully the Cards have a much easier and home-heavy schedule that the Pirates the second half and HAVE to be healthier than in the first half. Right? Right?
                        1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                        1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                        1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                        The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                        The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                        Comment


                        • Cardinals to promote prospect Stephen Piscotty:
                          http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...cardinals.html
                          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                            Cardinals to promote prospect Stephen Piscotty:
                            http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...cardinals.html
                            Knew that was coming soon.
                            1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                            1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                            1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                            The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                            The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                            Comment


                            • Any reliable or realistic trade rumors up there BA?
                              "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

                              Comment


                              • The Cards just acquired Brandon Moss from the Indians for Rob Kaminsky.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X