No announcement yet.

2015 Cardinals Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is what I was wondering. It seemed crazy that we kept winning at a ridiculous pace with so many key players out. But, this 8 and 9 runs allowed is just as ridiculous. Last time I checked the score last night it was still only 3-0, and checked this morning figuring we could score 3 runs in half a game. . .
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

• Well Herr28. Guess we were wrong for now about the Cards offensive woes. They been on a tear in these last 3 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by JessePopHaines16 View Post
        Well Herr28. Guess we were wrong for now about the Cards offensive woes. They been on a tear in these last 3 games.
        Just the usual ups and downs, it is just harder to stomach the "downs" when we are missing so many key guys. The recent surge by the Mets and Cubs makes me vomit, but I am just hoping they get it out of their systems now. That is what the Brewers did in 2011. They went on that ridiculous 24-2 or whatever run after the All-Star break, and soared past us into first place. They were sufficiently cooled off in October, and the holes in their game were back in full force as we thumped them in that NLCS.

Comment

• Matheny got burned twice in five minutes with highly aainst the book managerial decisions,and still got off the hook.

His LH pitcher just walked the tying and go-ahead runs, and is now facing a RH with 10 RBIs in his last 7 games, and he leaves the LH pitcher in there. HR, of course, now down by two rins.

Then in the bottom of the inning, he has the tying runs on first and second, nobody out, nunber-9 spot in the batting order, and lets him hit away. GIDP, of course, virtually killing the run expectancy

Matheny has a better team than he deserves.

And what's this about paternity leave? You are paying a guy millions of dollars to be there when you need him, and you give him three days off to go and oogle his perfectly healthy baby? What if you've just evened up the World Series, going into game five, and your MVP's wife suddenly decides to have a baby? What do you do? If you're making that kind of money to be on the job, and you have to go home to see your baby, figure out a way to have your babies in January. If you don't know how, ask a doctor, or post the question on an internet forum, I'm sure somebody will explain to you where babies come from
          Last edited by jtur88; 09-01-2015, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• 9-1 in their last 10 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by JessePopHaines16 View Post
              9-1 in their last 10 games.
              With half of their AAA team starting/pitching.
              1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
              The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

• Originally posted by jtur88 View Post
                Matheny got burned twice in five minutes with highly aainst the book managerial decisions,and still got off the hook.

His LH pitcher just walked the tying and go-ahead runs, and is now facing a RH with 10 RBIs in his last 7 games, and he leaves the LH pitcher in there. HR, of course, now down by two rins.

Then in the bottom of the inning, he has the tying runs on first and second, nobody out, nunber-9 spot in the batting order, and lets him hit away. GIDP, of course, virtually killing the run expectancy

Matheny has a better team than he deserves.

And what's this about paternity leave? You are paying a guy millions of dollars to be there when you need him, and you give him three days off to go and oogle his perfectly healthy baby? What if you've just evened up the World Series, going into game five, and your MVP's wife suddenly decides to have a baby? What do you do? If you're making that kind of money to be on the job, and you have to go home to see your baby, figure out a way to have your babies in January. If you don't know how, ask a doctor, or post the question on an internet forum, I'm sure somebody will explain to you where babies come from
                1. Yes on MM (but for different plays that what you mentioned). And the fact that it worked means that he will continue doing the same dumb things over and over. Carlos Villa. batting 3x in a game...including high leverage situations...is...wow. And then MM pulls him after he gets on base without throwing another pitch? Wowzers! Leaving his worst pitcher (Harris) in such high leveraged situations...vs. Harper. He is living a charmed life.

2. I totally 100% disagree with the stuff re: Rosenthal, but I am not going to get into it. like, this is the last sentence I am spending on it.

Comment

• Haven't posted in this forum for some time. As an FYI and per the criticism of Rosey, I understand why he wanted to be there at the birth of his child. Do you have kids? Were you there at their birth? My wife almost died at the birth of my child. In doing so, I almost lost my child as well. Everything was "normal" when the process started. So, perhaps a reality check here and that baseball isn't more important than family.

MM has made several blunders recently. I posted on the Post Dispatch site the other day that I just can't believe how lucky the Cardinals have been after some of these blunders. For example, when Seigrist was so awful the other day, how could he have not seen what was coming which was a meat pitch over the center of the plate to Zimmerman. Still, he has done some good things as well and so, the Cardinals continue to win. Entering September, I think all of us would be happy for the Cardinals to be where they are right now after that west coach swing. Soon, they are going to be back to division play and so these next couple of weeks are going to be fun. BTW, last night's comebacks were remarkable and a testament to the farm system. JMHO!
                  Last edited by Cannonball; 09-02-2015, 03:28 PM.
                  Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

• I don't care if we are an 82 win team or a 105 win team. I just want the Cardinals to be celebrating when the very last out in MLB is made this October. I don't care how pretty or ugly it is along the way. Just get it done.

Comment

• More MM magic tonight. Runners on 2nd and 3B. Tony Cruz (he of the abysmal hitting ability) was not pinch hit for by Molina or Stanley - both of which are far superior hitters.

Why?

Comment

• Zimmermahh has 18 RBIs in his last 10 games, and 2 HR tonight. With first base open, MM throws him four strikes. But there is some hope for MM -- at least he didn't bring in a lefty to pitch to Zimm.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtur88 View Post
                          Zimmermahh has 18 RBIs in his last 10 games, and 2 HR tonight. With first base open, MM throws him four strikes. But there is some hope for MM -- at least he didn't bring in a lefty to pitch to Zimm.
                          Cards have had a difficult time sweeping teams this season but at least they didn't get blown out.

Comment

• Congrats to Rosenthal on his new born and another way to look at this is that he had 3 days rest for his arm. Should make him good for the stretch run of the season.

Comment

• good decision to skip a start for wacha tonight. he is Young and already threw a lot of innings. there is no Price for winning your Division by 10 games.
                              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• The Cards are leaving way too many runners on third with none or one out. I can't recall a sac fly in the past week or two, but they did score one last night on a double play. I just know squeeze bunts would have worked more often than that. (I just looked, they had 2 SFs on the 23rd and two the 25th, but none in the last 8 games. No idea how many ground-out RBIs, nor do I understand why a batter is charged with an AB if a run scores on a ground out, but not on a fly out. Probably something like the quality start -- he gets a quality AB if he hits it to an outfielder.)

Q: Why do so many teams bunt with a runner on 2nd with none out?
                                A: Because it so often successfully moves the runner.

Q: Why doesn't the same logic apply to a runner on third with one out?
                                A: Search me.

I bet TLR didn't squeeze in more than 2 or 3 runs in his whole managerial career with the Cardinals, and now MM is cut out with the same mindless cookie cutter. Whitey squeezed in two or three runs a week.

There seems to be a baseball mantra that real-men-dont-bunt. Little Leaguers learn to bunt, even girls, so why can't HoF-bound superstars?
                                Last edited by jtur88; 09-03-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X