Clear All

• Blue387
    replied
    Lance Lynn to have Tommy John surgery:
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/1...cardinals.html

Leave a comment:

• Herr28
    replied
    OK, I know I can rest easy for the duration of this postseason! Great work Mets, and way to not drag it out or even make it interesting for the Cubbies! Now, I can enjoy the rest of the games and not really get all worked up one way or the other.

Yeah, right. . .

Leave a comment:

• Herr28
    replied
    Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
    The worst part of the night was hearing my 5-year old cry and scream "I hate you Cubs" over and over again. Too young to remember 2011, of course. I just hope I can share a WS championship moment with my kids at some point. Going to the parades for the Rams in 2000 and the Cards in 2006 and 2011 are some of the best lingering memories I have with my late mom and step-dad.
    Yeah, that is sad. My 4-year-old didn't really understand either. He was born in 2011, and I told him he was our NLCS ticket ever since. Oh well, couldn't last forever. He's more interested in the Astros winning right now anyway.

Great season! Fourth time I was able to watch and enjoy the Redbirds winning 100 games! However, with the litany of injuries to key players (even if they were in the lineup, which I don't believe some of them should have been) we were pretty well hamstrung and didn't look like a 100-win team come playoff time. My Cub-fan cousin was complaining about the Cardinals before this series started, and I told him not to worry. We were many "teams" over the long season, and I would have taken any of those renditions of the 2015 Cardinals over the one that was left in time for October ball. That's the way it goes. Sometimes we get hot and healthy at the end, sometimes we don't.

For me, anyway, I still have a lot of fun coming up in cheering on the Dodgers, Astros and Rangers! And if those teams lose, I will be vociferously cheering on the Royals and Bluejays!

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by dominik View Post
    hopefully not the start of a cubs dynasty.
    The 5-team WC format makes that very hard. I mean a very un-good Rangers team with 88 wins, and below average run differential and BaseRuns is one game from the ALCS. The Cardinals have run-out 5 teams with 97-105 wins since 2000 and have no rings to show from any of them. The Cubs could kill everybody for 5 years and not win a thing. So I think they will win one before it is said and done? Probably...but we heard the same thing in 2003 too.

What the Giants have done is quite fortunate and highly unlikely going forward.

Leave a comment:

• dominik
    replied
    The worst part of the night was hearing my 5-year old cry and scream "I hate you Cubs" over and over again. Too young to remember 2011, of course. I just hope I can share a WS championship moment with my kids at some point. Going to the parades for the Rams in 2000 and the Cards in 2006 and 2011 are some of the best lingering memories I have with my late mom and step-dad.
    hopefully not the start of a cubs dynasty.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Whelpers...it has been another fun season. Losing in the NLDS is kinda a bleh feeling. Sucks more to lose to the Cubs, of course but losing to your chief rival is going to happen from time to time.

Don't get to watch 100 win teams very often. Here is hoping for health next season (and the demotion of some dead weight on the team). Should be a good run here for a long time with so many good young players, a great FO, and lots of resources going forward.

Here are my top 6 moments of the season:

6. The 5-run deficit comeback vs. the Cubbies early in the year. The Reynolds GS game.
    5. The game where Heyward saved the day vs. the Cubs with the throw from RF (that ended up hurting Yadi)
    4. The back to back comeback wins vs. the Nats
    3. Heyward's Grandslam in the clincher vs. the Pirates.
    2. The Peralta HR in the 9th in Wrigley down to win.
    1. The Jay single and Reynolds bomb in the first game of the last Pirates series after the Pirates left like 18 guys on base.

My 6 least favorite moments:

6. Heyward not scoring from 2B on a double vs. the Tigers.
    5. When CMart left the game vs. the Brewers hurt.
    4. The 7 run 9th for the Brewers down the stretch.
    3. The 3 straight losses to Reds (including the suspended game) in September
    2. When Holliday left the game vs. the Reds hurt for the second time.
    1. When Waino tore his ACL in Milwaukee.
    Last edited by Bothrops Atrox; 10-13-2015, 07:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
    Is Greg freakin' Garcia the only pinch hitter we have? It feels like he is pinch hitting 2-3 times a night. . .
    Already used Pham and Moss.

Leave a comment:

• Herr28
    replied
    Is Greg freakin' Garcia the only pinch hitter we have? It feels like he is pinch hitting 2-3 times a night. . .

Leave a comment:

• Herr28
    replied
    Lets see if this game is over first. Arrieta couldn't even make it 6 innings.
    Yeah, it was crazy, right? Cubs nail six home runs to set a record, but our guys Heyward and Piscotty made it interesting with home runs of their own. Just one of those weird games that we all know can happen (loads of offense and scoring) when such ace pitchers like Arrieta and Wacha start. Crazy.

Doesn't look good, but I never expected this busted up team would make it past the NLDS anyway. The great teams in the NL Central drew the short straw this year, being the best teams in the league but having to knock each other out while the Dodgers and Mets got the free pass. Ridiculous, but the way it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by jtur88 View Post
    It's over now. The Cubs continue to tattoo Cards pitching with home run balls, Arrieta has the run he needs, the Cards need to sweep the next two, it's not going to happen.

In the last five-plus games, the Cards have scored exactly one run without the aid of a home run. Peralta will get no more hits for the remainder of the series.
    Lets see if this game is over first. Arrieta couldn't even make it 6 innings.

Leave a comment:

• jtur88
    replied
    It's over now. The Cubs continue to tattoo Cards pitching with home run balls, Arrieta has the run he needs, the Cards need to sweep the next two, it's not going to happen.

In the last five-plus games, the Cards have scored exactly one run without the aid of a home run. Peralta will get no more hits for the remainder of the series.

Leave a comment:

• dominik
    replied
    too bad Martinez got injured, garcia had the flu but he isn't a really good pitcher anyway. Martinez could have really helped (although the Cards could still have won it if they did not defend like a Little league Team in the first innings).

of course arrieta is extremely hard to beat and if you lose the Cards Need to win two. series is not over but the cubs now have a big Advantage. Need a lock down Performance by wacha (not more than two runs or so).

would it make sense to risk starting wainwright in game 4?

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by jtur88 View Post
    The first two were both must-win games. Now, they have to either beat Arrieta at Wrigley, or sweep the last two, and I do not hold out much hope they will do either of those.

I've been disappointed all season by the way the Cards infield plays little nubbers, especially Carpenter, who does not come in on balls very well at all. You can bunt the Cardinals to death, and now the Cubs know that. I don't know if there are any stats on it, but I bet the Cards lead the league in opponents infield hits.
    No...both games were not must win. The Cards have won two games that Arrieta has started this season and have won 4/9 games they have played in Wrigley this year. Do the Cubs have an advantage now? Of course. Is the series over? Of course not.

Leave a comment:

• jtur88
    replied
    The first two were both must-win games. Now, they have to either beat Arrieta at Wrigley, or sweep the last two, and I do not hold out much hope they will do either of those.

I've been disappointed all season by the way the Cards infield plays little nubbers, especially Carpenter, who does not come in on balls very well at all. You can bunt the Cardinals to death, and now the Cubs know that. I don't know if there are any stats on it, but I bet the Cards lead the league in opponents infield hits.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X