The starting rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The starting rotation

ok its time for change in the rotation after a long solid run they are finally breaking down after the exit of my favorite cardinal Matt Morris but change is good! heres what it should look like after the all star break.

carpenter
    mulder
    marquis
    reyes
    wainright

reyes and wainright have earned a spot in the rotation and are cheap for the time being. I found that between the 3 of marquis suppan and ponson that the best bet to keep around would have to be the younger one with better stuff Mulder will eventually return to form hopefully soon but he will. Carpenter of course is the ace. Use ponson or suppan in the bullpen and trade one away.

this was very hard to figure out.... do you agree??
    Our future.....Colby Rasmus.....Im his biggest fan!!!

Originally posted by Senior skittles
    ok its time for change in the rotation after a long solid run they are finally breaking down after the exit of my favorite cardinal Matt Morris but change is good! heres what it should look like after the all star break.

carpenter
    mulder
    marquis
    reyes
    wainright

reyes and wainright have earned a spot in the rotation and are cheap for the time being. I found that between the 3 of marquis suppan and ponson that the best bet to keep around would have to be the younger one with better stuff Mulder will eventually return to form hopefully soon but he will. Carpenter of course is the ace. Use ponson or suppan in the bullpen and trade one away.

this was very hard to figure out.... do you agree??
    Sorry but no , Ponson is a much more consistent and reliable pitcher than Marquis and the last spot will be earned by Reyes since I also favor Suppan to return because you need veterans, good veterans like Ponson and Suppan in the lower spots of the Rotation instead of 3 young lings who are unprooven and not ready like Wainwright , concerning the top 2 seeds of the Rotation and the impact of the loss of Morris to the Giants I totally agree with you .

Comment

Originally posted by Senior skittles
      carpenter
      mulder
      marquis
      reyes
      wainright
      remember the ankiel fiasco. i don't think TLR would go with two young guys in the rotation in october. so maybe he sticks with his veterns. reyes belongs in the rotation but come the playoffs you're looking at carp, mulder, marquis, and suppon with the fifth guy in the pen/long relief. but they might be looking to trade one of the unsigned arms at the deadline. while this wouldn't be the first time they reshuffled their starters in the middle of a playoff run, i don't think it's time to panic just yet.

Comment

ya not panic mode yet but something needs to work itself out....

Comment

i understand your concern and i have this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that this thing might be slipping away from us. but even with the pitching in shambles, all we have to do is win more games than the reds and astros and take our chances in october. but it's a bad thing when what was suppossed to be your main strength (deep starting pitching) becomes a problem. just thank god it's not late september.

Comment

2nd half rotation

1carpenter
            2marquis
            3reyes
            4suppan
            5weaver

im not saying thats what its going to be im just saying thats a good possibilty

Comment

at this point the playoff rotation looks like this..

carp ( of course )
              supp ( most consitent and pitching real well right now)
              reyes ( i thinks hes ready)
              weaver ( a couple more good starts and hopefully he returns to the form he had with the dodgers)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X