Nats' Offseason Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There goes Encarnancion too!

Juan Encarnancion signed a 3 year contract worth 15 million dolllars with the Saint Louis Cards.
    Enough is enough!
    We've already been bumped off competition for Brett Tomko(LAD) A.J. Burnett(TOR) Matt Morris(SAF) and now Juan Encarnancion!
    Fire Jim Bowden!
    Cristobal

Comment

Nationals offer contracts to free-agents

I know KingJ already mentioned it, but here's the full story at WashingtonPost.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...122102308.html
      Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
        Juan Encarnancion signed a 3 year contract worth 15 million dolllars with the Saint Louis Cards.
        If we hadn't traded for Soriano, we could've easily matched that deal. Cardinals also signed Junior Spivey...hopefully he doesn't turn into this year's David Eckstein.
        The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
        Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

Originally posted by KingJ
          If we hadn't traded for Soriano, we could've easily matched that deal. Cardinals also signed Junior Spivey...hopefully he doesn't turn into this year's David Eckstein.
          Is there anything that sticks out for the Nats in ESPN Insider?(signings, close to signing, players interested).
          I tried to sign up, but I couldn't(too long of a story, can't explain)
          Cristobal

Comment

Is there anything that sticks out for the Nats in ESPN Insider?(signings, close to signing, players interested).
            We are apparently out of the Millwood running, which doesn't surprise me and we've made a bunch of offers to crap pitchers who were non-tendered. That's all this week.

Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

We are apparently out of the Millwood running, which doesn't surprise me and we've made a bunch of offers to crap pitchers who were non-tendered. That's all this week.
              That's enough!
              I'm getting seriously pissed.
              Question:Why are we always out of the running of other FA's.
              Answer: We are not one of the "rich" teams.
              Cristobal

Comment

Question:Why are we always out of the running of other FA's.
                Answer: We are not one of the "rich" teams.

If we get a good owner, hopefully we won't be poo' no more in time for 2007. I don't really want us to be really competitive (div title, NL title, WS title) until we are able to bask in the glory of it in a new stadium and not that dump RFK anyway... maybe a WC in RFK, but that's it.
                Last edited by KingJ; 12-23-2005, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Stanton re-signed to 1yr/$1 mil deal

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...tnered=rss_was

We could use the depth in our pen back and made out good by trading him last year. We still end up having him in 2006 and we've got some new prospects in our farm from the trade.

Comment

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...tnered=rss_was

We could use the depth in our pen back and made out good by trading him last year. We still end up having him in 2006 and we've got some new prospects in our farm from the trade.
                    I like Stanton, he was good in his brief stint with us.
                    Happy to sign SOMEBODY Jim Bowden?
                    Cristobal

Comment

No Jason Johnson, either

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...-roundup_x.htm

How about every 5 days we have this guy pitch?: http://www.i2i.pvamu.edu/physics/robot.htm

Comment

I'm getting fed up with Jim Bowden. :grouchy
                        Would "robot" be better than Sun-Woo Kim?
                        Cristobal

Comment

I'm getting fed up with Jim Bowden. :grouchy
                          Would "robot" be better than Sun-Woo Kim?
                          Johnson's not as bad as his line would indicate. He'd be an adequate bottom of the rotation innings eater for the club.

Comment

Big rumor floating around Insider: The Red Sox are interested in a Soriano deal with DC as a 2B. A pitching package that includes Josh Beckett is being thrown around according to their source. That would be a huge deal on Bowden's part.
                            Last edited by KingJ; 12-30-2005, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Big rumor floating around Insider: The Red Sox are interested in a Soriano deal with DC as a 2B. A pitching package that includes Josh Beckett is being thrown around according to their source. That would be a huge deal on Bowden's part.
                              So the Nats give up Wilkie, Sledge and Armando for Soriano(big bat) and now they trade him away!! :noidea:
                              And who would the Nats get in return (bat)?
                              Cristobal

Comment

So the Nats give up Wilkie, Sledge and Armando for Soriano(big bat) and now they trade him away!! :noidea:
                                And who would the Nats get in return (bat)?

Bowden will only trade Soriano for pitching...no bat. I don't think the Nationals want to trade him, but Soriano wants to be traded again. Not like Beckett isn't worth it... REC 15-8 | SV 0 | ERA 3.38 | WHIP 1.18. If we do get Beckett, we would then be able to package Drese, Rauch, Rasner, and Hughes to a team that is really desperate for pitching and does have a bat that plays OF like Johnny Gomes or Aubrey Huff in Tampa.
                                Last edited by KingJ; 12-30-2005, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X