• Bob Hannah
    replied
    Old news

Thread moved to Offseason Tracker.

Leave a comment:

• KCGHOST
    replied
    Soriano Wants $12M

Alfonso Soriano asked for $12M in his arbitration hearing. The Nats offered $10M. Either way Soriano will set the new mark for an arbitration set salary. The old was the $8.2M given to Andruw Jones. Unlike Jones, Soriano treats batted balls as if they were radioactive.

Soriano, who's only real offensive skill is hitting HR's, is now a member of an offensively challenged club that plays in a park only slight less difficult for hitters than the Grand Canyon. The acquisition of Soriano by the Nats has "High Risk" written all over it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2325102

Leave a comment:

• Bob Hannah
    replied
    Gonna let this one drift away. No posts here for a while.

Leave a comment:

• wilkerson_rulz-06
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJ
    Loretta is a natural SS.
    I guess he's not like Alfonso Soriano, resisting moves to the outfield.
    Here is the excerpt from the WASHINGTON POST regarding Soriano trade rumors:

Soriano's defiance triggered calls from several interested teams who wondered if the Nationals might be willing to trade Soriano, including Boston, according to a source familiar with the discussions. Nationals front-office executives, however, for now appear unwilling to part with Soriano unless they are bowled over with an offer that includes either a front-line starting pitcher, such as the Red Sox' Josh Beckett, or several younger, front-line pitching prospects. One source familiar with Washington's discussions over the last several weeks said, "There's nothing close enough to take seriously right now," but thought the Nationals would remain open to talks about trades for pitching.

Leave a comment:

• KingJ
    replied
    Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
    Boston has Mark Loretta.

Loretta is a natural SS.

Leave a comment:

• wilkerson_rulz-06
    replied
    Castilla played in Colorado, which is a natural steroid, meaning we shouldn't have signed him in the first place. Soriano would likely hit close to/less than Wilkerson in Washington and would be better off in Boston where they actually need an infielder (not converting him).
    Boston has Mark Loretta.

Leave a comment:

• wilkerson_rulz-06
    replied
    KingJ, have you seen my latest offer?
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread...632#post447632

Leave a comment:

• KingJ
    replied
    Soriano is still worth something.
    He smashed 36 dingers last year.
    But think of Vinny Castilla prior and after Washington.
    Yeesh!

Castilla played in Colorado, which is a natural steroid, meaning we shouldn't have signed him in the first place. Soriano would likely hit close to/less than Wilkerson in Washington and would be better off in Boston where they actually need an infielder (not converting him).

Leave a comment:

• wilkerson_rulz-06
    replied
    I'm sure we can find another like I mentioned.
    Soriano is still worth something.
    He smashed 36 dingers last year.
    But think of Vinny Castilla prior and after Washington.
    Yeesh!

Leave a comment:

• KingJ
    replied
    Man, and to think we had a bat for over a month...

I'm sure we can find another like I mentioned. There's also Adam Dunn, Bobby Abreu, Geoff Jenkins...hell I can go on forever naming bats on teams without pitching!
    Last edited by KingJ; 12-30-2005, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wilkerson_rulz-06
    replied
    Bowden will only trade Soriano for pitching...no bat. I don't think the Nationals want to trade him, but Soriano wants to be traded again. Not like Beckett isn't worth it... REC 15-8 | SV 0 | ERA 3.38 | WHIP 1.18. If we do get Beckett, we would then be able to package Drese, Rauch, Rasner, and Hughes to a team that is really desperate for pitching and does have a bat that plays OF like Johnny Gomes or Aubrey Huff in Tampa.
    Man, and to think we had a bat for over a month...

Leave a comment:

• KingJ
    replied
    So the Nats give up Wilkie, Sledge and Armando for Soriano(big bat) and now they trade him away!! :noidea:
    And who would the Nats get in return (bat)?

Bowden will only trade Soriano for pitching...no bat. I don't think the Nationals want to trade him, but Soriano wants to be traded again. Not like Beckett isn't worth it... REC 15-8 | SV 0 | ERA 3.38 | WHIP 1.18. If we do get Beckett, we would then be able to package Drese, Rauch, Rasner, and Hughes to a team that is really desperate for pitching and does have a bat that plays OF like Johnny Gomes or Aubrey Huff in Tampa.
    Last edited by KingJ; 12-30-2005, 02:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wilkerson_rulz-06
    replied
    Big rumor floating around Insider: The Red Sox are interested in a Soriano deal with DC as a 2B. A pitching package that includes Josh Beckett is being thrown around according to their source. That would be a huge deal on Bowden's part.
    So the Nats give up Wilkie, Sledge and Armando for Soriano(big bat) and now they trade him away!! :noidea:
    And who would the Nats get in return (bat)?

Leave a comment:

• KingJ
    replied
    Big rumor floating around Insider: The Red Sox are interested in a Soriano deal with DC as a 2B. A pitching package that includes Josh Beckett is being thrown around according to their source. That would be a huge deal on Bowden's part.
    Last edited by KingJ; 12-30-2005, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenMountainMan
    replied
    I'm getting fed up with Jim Bowden. :grouchy
    Would "robot" be better than Sun-Woo Kim?
    Johnson's not as bad as his line would indicate. He'd be an adequate bottom of the rotation innings eater for the club.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X