Soriano in the Outfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soriano in the Outfield

It has never been clear why the Nationals would want Soriano to play in the outfield, except for the obvious, that they already have an all-star 2nd baseman, Jose Vidro.

Soriano has never played in the outfield, so the whole idea of having move to the outfield is bizarre, unless he's on his way to another team.

Put Guzman on the bench where he belongs.
    Move Zimmerman to SS.
    Move Vidro to 3rd.
    Soriano stays at 2nd.

Vidro played some 3rd base for the Expos. Guzman makes Sidney Ponson look like an athlete.

Tha Nationals are going to need Soriano to have a good year.

Originally posted by Uncle Dak
    It has never been clear why the Nationals would want Soriano to play in the outfield, except for the obvious, that they already have an all-star 2nd baseman, Jose Vidro.

Soriano has never played in the outfield, so the whole idea of having move to the outfield is bizarre, unless he's on his way to another team.

Put Guzman on the bench where he belongs.
    Move Zimmerman to SS.
    Move Vidro to 3rd.
    Soriano stays at 2nd.

Vidro played some 3rd base for the Expos. Guzman makes Sidney Ponson look like an athlete.

Tha Nationals are going to need Soriano to have a good year.
    Zim did play SS in AA just incase Guzman wasn't good.
    Guzman will not be put on the bench, he has a huge contract.
    Trade him for a SP(lefty)
    Cristobal

Comment

Guzman has a good glove (> than Soriano's), he just can't hit the ball. Although, Frank told him he would be benched in favor of a rookie unless he hits better in early September and hit .324 with a HR or two plus some stolen bases after that conversation so there is talent in there, just not focus that a good coaching staff could bring out.

I fear seeing Soriano at 2B as he led the league in fielding errors at that position. LF is not new to Soriano as he played LF in the Yankees minor league system before an equally defensively inept Chuck Klaunbach was moved from 2B to LF and Soriano made the switch to 2B.
      The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
      Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

I would hope, Vidro or Soriano it doesn't matter to me, will get moved for a SP preferably a lefty, and some prospects to juice up our farm system. Also, I personally wouldn't take Zimmerman out of 3B, he made some errors as I recall in AA playing SS. If no one is dealt, I'd like to see how Bowden handles this situation
        :atthepc
        "Hey crazy eyes I brought your pizza"
        "Mmm oreos and gumballs"

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan25Zimmerman
          I would hope, Vidro or Soriano it doesn't matter to me, will get moved for a SP preferably a lefty, and some prospects to juice up our farm system. Also, I personally wouldn't take Zimmerman out of 3B, he made some errors as I recall in AA playing SS. If no one is dealt, I'd like to see how Bowden handles this situation
          Since we're talking about Bowden, you can expect him to pull of a crappy move, see Preston Wilson.
          Cristobal

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X