Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick...Give Molina the Backup Catcher Job, Bowden!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick...Give Molina the Backup Catcher Job, Bowden!

According to ESPN Insider, Bengie Molina has no offers with the Dodgers deciding not to bid and is considering sitting out the 2006 Season. Nothing like having the best defensive catcher in the AL backing up the best defensive catcher in the NL for a year.
    Last edited by KingJ; 01-23-2006, 08:57 PM.
    The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
    Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Originally posted by KingJ
    According to ESPN Insider, Bengie Molina has no offers with the Dodgers deciding not to bid and is considering sitting out the 2006 Season. Nothing like having the best defensive catcher in the AL backing up the best defensive catcher in the NL for a year.
    Why not sign Molina and platoon him with Schneider?
    Why not!

I don't think Bowden will sign him, 2 starting catchers on a team might not mesh well.
    Cristobal

Comment

In other news, Nationals rejected an offer from the Devil Rays of OF Joey Gathright for LHP prospect Billy Bray. I'm glad we rejected it. Gathright may be fast (20 SB last year) with good fielding but his hitting is so bad that all he will ever be is another Endy Chavez. Meanwhile, Bray is expected to have a future.

Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

I would like Molina on the Nats. He should not platoon with Schneider though because Schneider is way better on defense and probably not much worse on offense (RFK really made him look worse than he was last year), and Molina seems to have lost some hitting ability. But, I do think Molina would be good as a backup and pinch hitter. Certainly better than Gary Bennett. He would be a good signing.

Comment

But, would he really want to be a back up at the prime of his career? Two decades ago any player would give up a starting spot to play competetive baseball, but now days its me, me, me and $,$,$.
          2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
            But, would he really want to be a back up at the prime of his career? Two decades ago any player would give up a starting spot to play competetive baseball, but now days its me, me, me and $,$,$.
            But has no offers for anything and I'm sure he doesn't want to sit out the season. I'm sure he'd be willing to accept a 1yr deal with a secret promise of Bowden trading him near the deadline in July. It would be win-win then.

Comment

Do you think maybe he has no offers because he is asking for too much money? When his demands come down the offers will start.SAying he will sit out the year doesn't sound like he would sign for the kind of money the Nats would offer.
              Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
              www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X