Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't want to get anybody's hopes up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ed hardiman
    I would find that even more convenient than driving all the way down the Prince Willy Parked-Way to see the Po-Nats...Needless to say Bob we'll have to hold a Baseball Fever Choir practice here on game days for the Dulles Nats...I'm right at Lee Highway & 28...
    After the eleventh hour dramatics from the sh... er, city council we'll see how Baseball reacts.

Vocal talents to go along with your poetic laurels? Quite the Renaissance man.

Sterling.

Comment

Tom Boswell lives in the District, but I notice he is not jumping for joy at the last-second lease agreement. This is from the close of his revised column:

"As the sport considers the District's latest version of a stadium lease, it should cut the city precious little slack. If the District does not want the Nats, somebody else will. Maybe even the citizens of a friendly, sensible state just a few miles away."

Eddie Cunningham
      20 20

Finally---something Nats and Birds fans can agree on!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hannah
        After the eleventh hour dramatics from the sh... er, city council we'll see how Baseball reacts.
        Sterling.
        I can only assume the drubbing they took here forced them to act. I think all of us share a bourbon induced inner Pavarotti...
        The Phillies Barstool Lives!

Comment

Sterling.
          I assume you are referring to the Bullets/Wizards' saying that the opera isn't over until the fat lady sings? I've got the weight, but I don't feel like dressing up in drag so the part of Brunhilde in Götterdämerung is appropriate. Fortunately, the finalé to another opera, usually sung by a fat man has the more appropriate line. I can't wait to sing, "The comedy is over!"

Eddie Cunningham
          20 20

Finally---something Nats and Birds fans can agree on!

Comment

Originally posted by eddiejc1
            I assume you are referring to the Bullets/Wizards' saying that the opera isn't over until the fat lady sings?...
            Eddie Cunningham
            No, not that, eddie. But I do recall "Bullets Fever" by Nils Lofgren, orange jerseys, and Tiny.

I refer to our guest, the other ed in this thread. He hails from the forum of Phightin' Phillie fame, proprietor extrodonaire of finest saloon ever to hit this message center, a poet laureate (crowned no less by yet another who wears the same wreath of vegetable matter in his hair) and apparently likes sing after imbibing a few.

For fun, and to get through a bargain basement off season coupled with the whinings of a wannabe second sacker, I find the forum of the Phightin' Phils gets my baseball persona back in whack. I highly recommend it. While you're there, belly up to the Barstool and listen to the regulars as a fly on the wall would. Look around. Soon you'll realize the barkeep is not only a good baseball man but one hell an urban poet. He claims his verbal rhythmic talents are artificially enhanced. I think its the bourbon.

Comment

No, not that, eddie. But I do recall "Bullets Fever" by Nils Lofgren, orange jerseys, and Tiny.
              I refer to our guest, the other ed in this thread. He hails from the forum of Phightin' Phillie fame, proprietor extrodonaire of finest saloon ever to hit this message center, a poet laureate (crowned no less by yet another who wears the same wreath of vegetable matter in his hair) and apparently likes sing after imbibing a few.
              For fun, and to get through a bargain basement off season coupled with the whinings of a wannabe second sacker, I find the forum of the Phightin' Phils gets my baseball persona back in whack. I highly recommend it. While you're there, belly up to the Barstool and listen to the regulars as a fly on the wall would. Look around. Soon you'll realize the barkeep is not only a good baseball man but one hell an urban poet. He claims his verbal rhythmic talents are artificially enhanced. I think its the bourbon.
              Thank you Bob for your gracious remarks.
              Baseball Fever replete with the highest caliber of baseball minds and musings is the true repository of the legacy of baseball.
              Where else can you find compelling writers like that Brooklyn Poet Laureate who are every bit as competitive as Ty Cobb in their singular pursuit of baseball truth?
              Contributors who dissect the relative sabermetric value of any player from any era for the simple price of asking the question.
              It even tolerates blustering knuckleheads like myself.
              Invaluable threads like 19th Century Baseball, the Brooklyn Bums, The Phillies & yes those mighty Nats, seamlessly weave divergent points of baseball into a compelling screed for any serious student of the game.
              The Barstool thread, welcomes all, excludes none, embraces all topics and its small measure of success to date reflects the efforts of those same contributors I admire, applaud and look forward to reading daily.
              No need to be a fly on the wall I encourage you Bob as well as anyone else to weigh in at the 'Stool.
              There are no wrong opinions just warm beer and overpriced nachos.
              As the great philosopher Pogo once said and Phillies management teaches us season after mind numbing season:
              We have met the enemy and he is us.
              The Phillies Barstool Lives!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X