Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obituary says Nationals bullpen lead to man's death

From MSN:
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Ha . . .pretty cool.

...tom...

Comment

I quit smoking almost 6 years ago, however I've found myself subconsciously reaching for a cigarette while watching some of the relievers' performances this year. This obituary takes it to a new extreme although I can certainly relate to the late Mr. Killebrew's frustration.
      "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

Assuming he didn't write his own obit, seems it's a feeling shared by the entire family, or at least those who may have had some hand in helping the person who wrote it.

There's a part of me, though, that kinda cringes to think that we take any given form of entertainment so seriously that it would show up in the last and summarizing words of the page of the book on a person's life.

Then... there's another part of me that is happy that some people recognize the reality that a person's death doesn't have to be treated so dark and sterile.

And then, finally, there's still another part of me that kinda cringes that the bullpen no doubt has learned of the obit, and no doubt as a group just feels that much more anxiety about the monstrosity that is, so far, their season's work.
        www.facebook.com/UnifyBaseball

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X