This injury thing is dang insane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This injury thing is dang insane

It's a new guy every two or three days of-late. Goodwin down, and now Madson... how much more duck tape can Rizzo find to keep this thing together? I'm simultaneously flabbergasted and in awe of how this team has yet to hit a wall. *knocks on wood*

And just now, I see Murphy gets plunked.

I want bubble wrap for every batter please. For the rest of the regular season..
    Last edited by _sturt_; 08-18-2017, 07:49 AM.
    www.facebook.com/UnifyBaseball

Every team has injuries, but this is ridiculous. Currently, there are 13 players on the DL. Let's break it down:

5 of them are starting position players. Adam Eaton, Bryce Harper, Jayson Werth, Trea Turner and Brian Goodwin
    3 starting pitchers. Max, Strasburg and the promising Joe Ross
    3 relief pitchers in Ryan Madson, Enny Romero and expected 2017 closer Koda Glover
    2 key reserves off the bench with Stephen Drew & Ryan Raburn

And this doesn't take into account guys like Murphy and Zimmerman, both of whom have to be banged up. If any other team had that litany of impact players on the DL, they would be near the bottom of their division. Dusty Baker has earned his keep this season and deserves to be the Manager of the Year.

Comment

Good news: Turner and Werth are set to begin rehab assignments tomorrow with Syracuse.

Maybe wishful thinking on his part, but Eaton said a few days ago that he hopes he can come back toward the very end of the regular season or the postseason. Eaton did add the disclaimer that he would "listen to his body" and would not come back if he wasn't 100% ready.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X