Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kory Casto

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/...=.jsp&c_id=was

Change of plans: With Ryan Zimmerman entrenched at third base, the Nationals have decided to move Kory Casto to second base and hope that that Casto and shortstop Ian Desmond will become a double-play combination in the future. They are expected to start the season at Double-A Harrisburg.

Bowden is hoping that Casto will help Desmond develop quicker with the bat. Casto was named the Nationals' Minor League Player of the Year in 2005 after batting .290 with 22 home runs and 90 RBIs for Class A Potomac.

Desmond is arguably the best defensive player in the farm system, but he has to have a better showing with the bat. He hit a combined .250 with seven home runs and 38 RBIs for Class A Savannah and Class A Potomac in 2005.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a great idea by JB. Could you imagine the future infield of
    3B: Zimmerman SS: Desmond 2B: Casto 1B: Broadway/Johnson it's almost too good to be true
    :atthepc
    "Hey crazy eyes I brought your pizza"
    "Mmm oreos and gumballs"

I don't know about Casto because he hasn't moved out of Potomac yet. Broadway struggled when he made the move to New Orleans in 2005 after a huge 2004 season in Harrisburg.

I don't see why Desmond is being moved to Harrisburg. He seems to be hitting like Guzman in A:

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/D/ian-desmond.shtml
    Last edited by KingJ; 02-21-2006, 03:28 PM.
    The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
    Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X